“Average”

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #29 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
“Average”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The elevator was used all the time by staff so they made it so busy for guest . I got a suit on the 16th floor when they used it I had to stop in each floor that they wanted to go which made so late and slow

• Stayed December 2012
Navid S, Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Sutton Place Hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay in regards to our elevator use.
Your feedback is important to us as we use them as learning tools to improve our service. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to The Sutton Place Hotel.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have stayed at the Sutton Place many times for business and it never disapoints. This time though I had a bit of a mishap and called down to the front desk seeking assistance. They sent the first-aid trained security personnel up to my room to assist me within minutes. They also had an equally well trained person on the morning shift who came to follow up and check on me. I am pleased to say all of the staff are professional and ready to handle any situation. Impressive!

Room Tip: Apartment side is spacious and wonderful, hotel side is lovely and quaint and some rooms are quite s...
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Sutton in a 2 bed suite.
Positives
- Well-situated
- clean
- courteous staff
- the suite was spacious, & well appointed
- great pool
- great views from the 14th storey

Could improves
- galley kitchen a bit cramped
- Wi-Fi $20 a day

This was a great place to recuperate after a flight from London. We would certainly consider staying again, and found Vancouver a pleasant and interesting place to explore, esp. the sky train & Lonsdale Quay.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the overall positive review of The Sutton Place Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be happy to welcome you again at the Sutton Place Hotel. Please visit our value-added packages on our website that offer complimentary WiFi or hotel packages.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I decided to do a staycation downtown (Vancouver) to celebrate our anniversary. It was in December so we couldn't break the bank either, so I booked a 5 star hotel on Hotwire and got the Sutton Vancouver hotel.

I was a little bit concerned because I had read mixed reviews and it seemed like those who got the hotel through Hotwire had bad experiences - possibly because they were given the non-renovated, lowever level, "cheaper" rooms.

I wrote the hotel, let them know it was a special occasion and expressed my concerns. It turns out I DID get a lower level room with 2 twin beds (one of the major complaints I saw in bad reviews). They offered to upgrade us to a king bed room for $15/night - so we did that. It was still very reasonably priced. I took some of the tips I saw on reviews and asked for a room higher than the 16th floor, and for something with a view, preferrable away from the hospital (because of noise).

When we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff and were told we got a room on the 18th floor. When we got to the room, we saw chocolate covered strawberries on a plate that read "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate - compliments of the hotel manager. The room was perfect - we got a very nice view of Robson street and English Bay, it was quiet and the room was clean. There was a big screen TV and window was almost floor-to-ceiling. We loved the room so much that we ordered room service and set up our own little table for two by the window. It was very romantic :)

In summary:
- Very friend, and helpful staff
- Clean, updated rooms
- Large windows with nice view
- Gorgeous large bathroom with marble countertops and floors. Shower and bath are seperate and spacious.
- Other reviews are right - they have the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on! If you are interested, they use the Simmon's Beauty Rest pilow top World Class 1 mattress.

My only complaint is that housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30am. You can also hear everything in the hallway. But these were pretty small cons compared to all the pros.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Camille B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary at The Sutton Place Hotel and for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. I appreciate your time and effort to write such a positive reviews and it's my pleasure to respond. I am grateful that you had a wonderful overall experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have stayed at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver in the past and have always had excellent service from the entire staff. This trip was no exception. Everyone was extremely professional, courteous and friendly. Our room was clean and luxurious. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear loyal Guest,
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experiences you have had at our hotel. It is truly a pleasure to have you stay with us, and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by my colleagues. It is a great pleasure for me to share your compliments with such a professional team that serve with passion.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back soon again and all the best for 2013.
Regards,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Another good stay at the Suttion Place. This is a great hotel in downtown Vancouver, relatively close to most attractions. Rooms are very clean and of average size. Parking convenient but like most downtown Vancouver hotels is relatively expensive. Internet is not complimentary. Still, the hotel (with non-refundable advance booking) can be a good value in downtown Vancouver - of comparable quality to hotels $30-50/night more.

I dined at the in-house restaurant one night on short notice and was astounded at the quality of the food - yet it is very lightly used. This is quite likely due to the stiff competition from surrounding independent (and excellent) restaurants but it is still surprising that it is not more highly patronized, given the quality. It's nice to know that you can get a great meal without going out for it.

Looking at some of the other reviews of this hotel, I'm surprised at some of the comments on cleanliness. I have stayed here four times over the past several years and have not seen poor standards of cleanliness.

Room Tip: South and east facing rooms best but the hotel is pretty much surrounded bu other buildings, so only...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your loyal patronage of The Sutton Place Hotel. We are delighted to learn that you had a nice experience at our hotel and your kind words are greatly appreciated. We pride ourselves in going the extra mile for our guests and receiving compliments from our regular guests really means a lot to us.
Regarding parking and WiFi. We offer value-added hotel packages on our website with hotel credit that can be used towards parking, WiFi etc.
We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest again.
Best regards,
Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Ever been bored at a hotel on a business trip ? Some may find the urge to go to the mini bar for a cool drink or snack .... Try it at your peril (and expense) the next time your at a hotel by reading the expiry date before you eat or drink something offered.

1 found 10 items for sure (photographed, documented and returned to the duty manager this 18 December 2012) from the fridge / basket which included chocolates, biscuits, beer, vodka spritzers and two fruit juices ... Some not by months I may add.

So for all those thinking of a quick snack before bed ... Read the expiry date before snacking. This mini bar is as old as the hotel ambiance portrays.

Otherwise hotel was very average even by Vancouver standards.

Not good - sorry.

Alex

Room Tip: Try another hotel chain ...
1 Thank ondangwajones
Navid S, Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the expired minibar items were found in your room. I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. I assure you that I have reviewed the minibar operation with appropriate departments to ensure this does not happen again. This was an oversight on our part. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments and our apologies.