“Excellent stay!”

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We booked this hotel though HotWire.com. It was our first time using this site and it was a very pleasant experience. We knew we wanted downtown Vancouver and five star. They had one on special $143/night. We booked it and took our chance. When we got there they informed us they upgraded our room! The room was very elegant and luxurious! The location was perfect for us; we wanted to enjoy some drink at the Maria which was only a ten minute walk at most. We also walked down to Joe Forte’s for dinner which was only about ten minutes as well. We did have breakfast at the hotel the next morning which was good but VERY expensive. I think it was like $60 bucks for us each to have a juice, coffee and meal. Overall excellent stay!!

Room Tip: Not exactly sure where we stayed but it was nice, very large room and very clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,177)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Checked in to this hotel after confirming a room on hotwire.com. We had an emergeny at home and had to vacate for the evening. Keep in mind that I typically stay in high end hotels. In regards to the hotel, it is sufficiently suitable to be comfortable with the location and the rooms are appointed with many of the amenities that you might need. We paid 131 last minutes, so obviously, it was more than enough for an emergency.

When we checked in, they mentioned that they didn't have options besides twin beds. There wasn't any alternatives given to me at check in. When I got to the room, I went online to check and sure enough, there were king sized bed options listed on their website. When I called the front desk, the agent really didnt have any good explaination of why they didn't have the options that I could see with my eyes.

Would not stay here again for the simple reason that if you can't just say we don't offer options of room choice to people who confirm through certain booking channels. Just my thoughts anyway.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank sjcan8119
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a very nice hotel: every person we met had a smile and an offer to help, the concierges were responsive, informative and engaging, the beds were comfy, the amenities just right, the valets quick. We did not eat in the restaurant, although the odor of fresh crepes from the chocolate buffet were tempting. We did grab a snack from the sidewalk le Fleuri cafe, which was quick and good. Our 2-queen room was just slightly larger than the two beds, and the bathroom was small - not quite Manhattan scale, but smaller than we expected.
Our first night there were a lot of sirens down below (easily heard from the 16th floor), but these would have been equally audible from any other 5 star hotel in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Get a high room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Sutton Place Hotel is in a great location in terms of restaurants and venues for walking or taking taxis. The room was nicely appointed, I wouldn't say really luxurious but nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I thought the pool and gym are a little bit overrated here in the reviews. Both were small and to me nothing special. The bed was great to me, and I am pretty particular about that. I was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

First of all their regular rates are ridiculous, I booked with hotwire for $145/night. Which is still a lot of money!

I arrived with my wife to find they would only give us a room with 2 twin beds. I said I wanted 1 bed, and they wanted an extra $30 night. Wow....

We take the room on the 6th floor. The view is terrible, you are looking at a condo, and all the condo people are looking at you from their balcony.

The room is small, typical of an old hotel. The TV is an old tube tv, with terrible picture, better yet, the remote didnt even work. The shower barely works, weak water pressure, there is a bathroom scale, it also doesnt work. What a surprise......

The room is out dated, old uncomfortable furniture, and it smells like a retirement home.

There is no free wifi, in the room, or in the lobby. You want internet, pay them $15/day.... No thanks.

I feel totally ripped off, and with no refunds, I am stuck here another 2 nights.... I wish I stayed at the last hotel (Lonsdale) in north vancouver, it was $80/night, two large beds, and ocean front.... This want-to-be highfalutin hotel is just a rip-off, dont waste your money here!

-M.T.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Matt T
Navid S, Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sutton Place Hotel. We regret to learn that you were disappointed with your recent experience. We are continually updating our hotel and guestrooms. Should you have the opportunity to return to Vancouver, may I invite you to contact my office so I can personally arrange your stay to ensure you have a pleasant stay. Thank you for feedback. Best regards

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stay fro two nights, I wish I could stay more in that place. Very nice hotel, very helpfull concierge, they organised my transfer to Seattle. Clean and comfortable rooms. Walkind distance to the city center

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had to travel to Vancouver downtown for a trip recently. I also needed to go to the west part of greater Vancouver as well and didn't want to rent a car. I was pleasantly surprised to find a room in the grande residence part of the hotel; it was less expensive but with updated and modern decor and new appliances, very large, with 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths and a full kitchen with Miele appliances and a large balcony with a chair and table. I didn't have time to use the spa but it looked nice. I had both room service and also ate in the restaurant and both were great experiences. Food was great as was the service. The hotel is right next door to an IGA that is open late so you can stock up on food and beverages in the Miele fridge in the kitchen. It is a short walk also to Burrard station as well as Pacific center which has shopping and also many nearby restaurants. Everything you need is right nearby. Sometimes it seemed the front desk staff can have a bit of attitude, but all in all the stay was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Grande residence updated room was very nice, had balcony, very large, new appliances, very modern.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo