“China Town Supermarket is great for Meat shopping!”

Vancouver Chinatown
Ranked #189 of 349 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A bustling community started by Chinese immigrant laborers in the 1880s, Chinatown today is vibrant and full of exotic sights, sounds and smells.
Whistler, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“China Town Supermarket is great for Meat shopping!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband & I buy our crab & fish at the Gar Lok fishmonger on Georgia. One day we wandered around and found the Chinatown Supermarket on Keefer across from Hons. We bought chicken wings and pork chops. They are much less expensive than Granville Island where I usually shop.
They were great so we went back and tried their tenderloin. We bought a fairly large piece for $30. It too was great - better than what we get at Costco. So now I have been buying all our meat here. They are extremely friendly too. They have vegetables too. We recommend it.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sudbury, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“China Town”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This part of town was a bit sketchy....i did enjoy the small shops along the way and one of the restaurants i went to...then i saw this 2$ store...amazing deals and cool stuff from China and Japan.

Visited February 2013
Gibsons, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Place to Wander”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I visit there quite often for my vegetables, mango juice, mandarin orange juice, medicines, bakery, Viet coffee, tea and have eaten at Hon's. Can't find a better deal on veggies.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lin V
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must see”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Chinatown, need I say more. Be sure to see the Chinese Garden. This is a fun walk and an easy stroll back to Gastown.

Visited January 2013
Seoul, South Korea
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Mislead by the guidebooks...”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

...and didn't read tripadvisor first. This place is truly disturbing and terrible. I'm sure there are nice places in there somewhere that deserve your business or visit, but it's not worth it. The Chinese garden (free side) was nice but small. We tried to walk around for a few minutes, but it was not a place you'd want to wander around in. We stumbled through some kind of street market that was unfortunately full of people who have seen better days and did not feel safe at all.

One of the worst single places I've ever visited, and such a shame in a nice city like Vancouver. It was my first trip to Vancouver and this area lowered my opinion of the city a good deal.

Definitely avoid it.