“Fantastic”

Ranked #26 of 352 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Science World at TELUS World of Science ignites the imagination with hands-on interactive exhibits, jaw-dropping live science shows, and the giant-screen OMNIMAX(R) Theatre. Fun for all ages, Science World is sure to jumpstart your imagination.
Sydney
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 16, 2009

It certainly entertained 3 of my kids as well as the adults on a rainy Vancouver day. It is like going to an amusement park but with educational value. We visited midweek when the local kids were still in school and it was like having the place to ourselves. The skytrain is very close so getting there from our hotel was very easy.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
EveryWhere
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Way better than i expected!”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I thought this was going to be just some boring place for kids but was totally wrong. I had a great time my 34 year old self. But, there was a toddler zone which i want to get a seasons pass for because my daughter had so much fun in. It was well set up and fenced in so i could just sit down and let her tear the place up!

1 Thank Z_R_2012
Toowoomba, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Science Attraction in Vancouver”
Reviewed September 17, 2007

I absolutely loved science world when I went there. It has so many things that you can do there. There was this thing where you stap a peice of fabric around the top of your head and you compete against another person to see who is more relaxed. I do not know how it works but it does. There are also other attractions inside the building like this other thing. There is a plastic box bolted to the ground and anyone, no matter your size can fit in it. I tell you this place is is massive. I didn't go though the whole place in one day. If I had the opportunity to go for a second day, I would. From the outside, this place is cool. It is just a massive dome that lights up at night.
I would definately go again. This place rocks!

2 Thank 112210b
A TripAdvisor Member
“Couldn't drag the kids away!”
Reviewed September 26, 2004

We had enormous fun at Science World - six hours later into our visit and I practically had to take my kids by the collar and drag them out! Live demonstrations on various topics (the kids and I loved the bubble and the electricity demos - all very interactive) kept us entertained for 30 minutes for each one. The Eureka! Gallery is where we got "stuck" for hours - my 8 yr old loved testing her strength by lifting a 200kg hippo on a giant pulley; my 6 yr old had loads of fun with building a dam, the air experiments where he shot balls across the room; we all had fun dancing in the virtual orchestra room where we made colored light images on the wall with our bodies. There is simply too many exhibits in that room to mention here! The kids went into another room and saw a model of the human body, and enjoyed pulling out the plastic organs and trying to reassemble them again (glad they're not my surgeon - things didn't go back in the right place)!

I can't recommend Science World highly enough. While the kids are having a blast, they are learning about all kinds of scientific principles. Don't miss this place if you're in Vancouver - even without kids!

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member