Pan Pacific Vancouver
Opus Hotel(Vancouver)
$441
$372
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$195
Suttonplace.com
$322
$287
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$238
$221
Orbitz.com
$489
$349
4,053 results
All reviewscruise shipfive sailsstanley parkcanada placeyour luggageconvention centerharbour viewclub floorpre cruisebeautiful hotelgrouse mountainwaterfront stationgas townluxury hotelpool and hot tubcorner roomcoal harbour
Reviewed April 29, 2006

It was my first time to Vancouver and I'm a hotel snob - so I was a little concerned about the location. But it was FANTASTIC -- walkable to everywhere I wanted to go -- and convenient roadside parking too!

We had amazing service -- we complained the first night about a little noise -- and they immediately moved us to the 23rd floor, where we had the same spectacular view of the ocean and mountains. They even moved our bags in for us while we were out exploring.

Our room was very large, stylish and new furniture, immaculate and just super plush and wonderful to relax in after a day of hiking. The hotel lobby and all had a convention hotel vibe, but don't be deceived, the rooms actually stand up to a 5-star hotel interior (even if the bathrooms could be a tad larger)

We also had great, if expensive, room service, but good to know the food is decent as well. The only negative is that, as most business hotels do, there are fees to all extras: fitness center (but not pool), internet, etc...

After seeing our friends' room at the Crowne Plaza in town, we felt we had gotten a superb deal -- a room twice the size, no stale smoke smell, a gorgeous view and only paid $10 more!

• Stayed: April 2006
21  Thank foodiesubie
A TripAdvisor Member
Sunshine Coast
Reviewed April 12, 2006

I had a beautiful corner room that looked out over the harbour and coastal mountains. We had lovely weather so the view was spectacular! It was truly a 5 diamond experience with very soft high-quality linens on our bed which added to the bed itself which gave me one of my best nights sleep.

We had a very memorable meal in the 5 Sails restaurant. Superb service and the food was excellent.

I was treated to a visit to the Spa and was pampered in beautiful surroundings.

Highly recommend the Pan Pacific Vancouver to anyone travelling on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2006
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2006

I stayed here January 16th 2006 and posted a review. I was not happy at that time and filled out my comment card. I was sent a letter from the hotel and offered a free 1 night stay again, which we did April 8th 2006.

I was to call the Executive Asst. to make the reservations for this room. This is some ways concerned me because the hotel staff would know why this reservation was being made and would go the extra mile to make sure nothing happened this time. My suspicions were bourn out when we checked in. Arrival in the room had a small box of chocolates and a letter from the hotel manager welcoming us back.

That night as we were leaving for dinner there was a knock at the door and a maid offering turn down service. This was not offered the last time we stayed.
Very nice to come back to find slippers on the floor next to the bed and the robes set out and chocolates on the bed.

I must also note that it was our understanding that we would get a room like our first room just higher up. This was not the case. This time the room was only about 1/3 the size of our first room. Not sure if because our first room was on the 8th floor (no real view) and our new room was on the 19th floor if this had something to do with it.
The room this time had something different in the bathroom. The tub/shower wall was replaced by a window from the top of the tub to the ceiling. They did offer you a blind to pull to make it more private, not that anyone could see you.

You may also make note that they are 3 months behind in pile driving for the new convention centre. They are now pounding piles 6 days a week starting at 7:00 AM and going through till after 6 PM Monday to Saturday. They are expected to finish this sometime this summer.

So we are left wondering after this visit what is the norm for this hotel?

Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank Seacruise
Reviewed March 19, 2006

This hotel had wonderful amenities and very cozy beds but the service left me thinking all weekend....how did they get 5 stars? Last year we stayed at the Metroplitan and had warm cookies waiting upon our arrival. (Not ANY cookies mind you-Chococalte Sparkle cookies from the Senses Bakery!) The Met's staff (a 4 star in comparison) were personable, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We did not hear or see anyone, VERY discreet. (not even housecleaning in the morning!) All in all, the Pan Pacific reminds me of an International Airport...a luxe airport with a fabulous view...but 5 stars? Hmmm...

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank JenBSeattle
Reviewed March 8, 2006

Returned to Vancouver for a 3 night stay in February and we were suprised to get a room at the Pan Pacific for 105USD a night on Hotwire. The special rate gave us a city view room which was perfectly fine. There was going to be an extra charge of 60CAD per night to upgrade to a harbour view room at check in. Decided to stay with the city view as we were a little concerned about noise from the construction of the new convention center mentioned in other reviews. Didn't hear a thing. I requested a room on a higher floor with a king bed before we arrived. No problems...great customer service both on the phone and at the hotel.

The newly renovated rooms are quite nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. Valet Parking (27CAD per day) was always efficient. The self park option is 20CAD. Make sure you check out the outdoor jacuzzi and pool...great views. Didn't have the time to try out the restaurants and spa facilities. We would definately stay here again although next time we are planning to give the Westin Bayshore a try.

• Stayed: February 2006