Pan Pacific Vancouver
Opus Hotel(Vancouver)
$441
$372
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$195
Suttonplace.com
$322
$287
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$238
$221
Orbitz.com
$489
$349
4,053 results
All reviewscruise shipfive sailsstanley parkcanada placeyour luggageconvention centerharbour viewclub floorpre cruisebeautiful hotelgrouse mountainwaterfront stationgas townluxury hotelpool and hot tubcorner roomcoal harbour
Reviewed August 28, 2008

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights at end of august,when checking in, reception asked if we wanted to upgrade to larger room for extra $100 per night, but after viewing our original room found it to be large enough for the four of us (2 adults and 2 children).but did feel a bit uncomfortable re hotel trying get more money out of me!

found all staff to be very friendly and helpful, and proximity of hotel was ideal for sightseeing and local amenities, did not eat in hotel restaurants, found them to be very pricey, especially when local food mall is attached to hotel, where you can find loads of small food outlets and restaurants, that are very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank corriejem
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Not our original choice of Hotel to finish our Honeymoon in but delighted with this choice we made!. Our original choice of hotel that we'd stayed at before now seems to be blighted by the building work going on in Vancouver so we changed.

We arrived at the hotel at 9am after saying good bye to the Diamond Priincess (a wonderful cruise). The walk from the ship through security into the hotel reception took about 10 minutes.

First impressions are always important and the greeting we got at reception was spot on. We expected to just drop our bags and return at 4pm however I left my mobile number and was told I'd get a call as soon as out room was ready. True to their word I got a call at 10:15 to say our room was ready and our luggauge was waiting. Now that's good.

We'd splashed out a bit and got a room with views over the harbour, mountains, Stanley park, lion gate bridge. The room was nice and high on the 21st floor, nicely appointed with everything we needed. We could just watch the world go by from our room.

I'd guess if your in the lower floors you might see a bit more of the cruise ships when they are moored up. There is an outside terrace in the main reception and a pool on the 8th. We didn't use the pool but the seating area was handy.

We had breakfast once in the hotel which was nice but $60 for two. We ate twice in the 5 sails restaruant, My Wife just adored the fish courses, worth every penny.

Laundry service was quick, out and back in 4 hours, infact the service was good all round.

The look of the hotel inside isn't swanky & glitzy but that dosen't bother us but service does and top marks here.

Location is super for the cruise ship terminal, harhourside, skytrain seabus and rail.

Oh and the cake delivered to us to say congratulations was a nice little touch..........

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SweetChop
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Wonderful dining, rooms and pool. Terrible location and service. Very touristy too expensive for what you get. The suite was huge!

• Stayed: December 2005
Reviewed August 25, 2008

This is not our first time at the Pan Pacific, but it will definitely be our last.

Our family checked in on the afternoon of August 17, 2008 and decided to go for a swim. After using the pool (which was lovely) I took my 3month old son back to the room for a bath and when I used one of the towels to dry him, I noticed that there was blood on it. I was pretty freaked out and thought that he was hurt. It turns out the blood was on the towel itself.

I called the duty manager immediately and she asked me what I would like to do. How about CHANGE THE TOWELS? I couldn't believe that she waited for me to give the instructions!

After an upsetting night wondering about where the blood came from and what else is contaminated in the room, I called the duty manager again at 8am the next morning. I told her that we would like to check out today (we had two rooms booked for two nights). The duty manager asked me why and I explained that I can't get over the towel with blood on it. She asked me a lot of questions about it because she says the duty manager from the previous day did not log the issue. I gave her all the information and told her that I took a picture of it as well. The duty manager offered to have us switch rooms, but when I told her we had two rooms, she did not say anything about it anymore. I declined the offer and quickly looked for another hotel in Vancouver.

When we checked out, I showed Akiko, the duty manager, the pictures of the towel (she requested to see the pictures) and she just shrugged and said, "Ooh...I'm so sorry," and walked away. That was the end of it. We moved to the Fairmont, which was much CLEANER.

Now that I look back, it wasn't the blood on the towel that I find disturbing, it was the attitude and service provided by the Pan Pacific. The first duty manager didn't even offer to have the towels changed, I had to request it. The second duty manager tried to erase the issue with a casual "So sorry." This is supposed to be a prestigious hotel, but if the duty mangers, who are supposed to be in charge, have such laxed attitudes about hygiene and customer support, how can they possible lead the rest of the staff?

Akiko could have easily turned the situation around by offering to investigate the issue and offer an explanation (my guess is that someome cut their hand and then handled the towels - there was too much blood for it to be a minor cut and the blood was not dried or old looking) via a follow-up. But she did not ask me for any contact information. She just shrugged it off-perhaps hoping to sweep this issue under the rug.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank SSC-CP
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We stayed for 2 nights at the Pan Pacific after a week cruising Alaska then a week on Vancouver Island. The room was pre-booked through Canadian Affair at a very reasonable rate. When we arrived we were exhausted, having spent hours waiting to get the BC ferry from Nanaimo. The friendly and helpful receptionist offered us a lovely room with no less than six windows overlooking the waterfront. It was actually part of a huge suite but had everything we needed. There was no extra charge. The bed was actually a convertable sofa but quite comfortable, and what it lacked in size made up for in facilities. The bathroom had Aveda cosmetics, there was a full size desk with internet facilities and a bar with everything one could possibly wish for. Best of all of course was the amazing view. We dined in the restaurant one evening and had the best meal(New york steak) we'd had in our travels in Canada and the service was nothing less than outstanding. We thought the breakfast was slightly expensive at $30 but there was a conveniently located Food Court (directly from the hotel via an underpass) and we found an excellent American Diner there. There's a lovely pool area at the Pacific and a pleasant bar and several shops. It couldn't be more convenient for a cruise holiday. Dont miss the astounding sunset over the mountains - it is the most incredible sight. I will definitely be staying there again if I am ever fortunate enough to visit Canada again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple