“Fantastic trip”

The Rocky Mountaineer
Ranked #6 of 168 Tours in Vancouver
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Rockies by rail! Rocky Mountaineer offers five luxury rail routes to discover the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We travelled on the Rocky Mountaineer in Gold Leaf class from Vancouver to Kamloops and then onto Jasper. The entire experience was luxury. From the seats to the meals to the commentary we were spoilt. Cannot recommend this trip highly enough.

1  Thank Debbie_28_60
Write a ReviewReviews (4,857)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

the trip on the Rocky Mountaineer was so amazing.
It was so upsetting they lost my luggage - considering five of my family checked our luggage at the same time.
We all got tags to prove we had checked our luggage.
This did not stop the staff asking the same dumb questions about -did I leave my luggage behind.
Twenty four hours later I got my luggage returned - this put a real sour taste on such a great trip.
Ensure the staff take care of your luggage.

1  Thank Platinum_Travellers
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was a fantastic trip especially when traveling Goldleaf class. This train travels through spectacular nature.

1  Thank Willem J
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first trip on the Rocky Mountaineer and hopefully not my last! I loved being in the dome car and taking photos as we traveled to Whistler. The food that was served was excellent and the hosts were so efficient and respectful of the passengers. I only wish my husband had been along with me for the ride and the visit to Whistler on Canada Day! :-)

1  Thank Dorabella69
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Overall a truly great experience. On board hosts were very professional. Good weather allowed for great viewing. Food was very acceptable. A little more choice would have been good.Baggage handling and hotel transfers were first class.

1  Thank G S