“Voila - A fabulous french experience”
Review of Les Faux Bourgeois

Les Faux Bourgeois
Ranked #73 of 3,994 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went with 4 girlsfriends so tried lots of items on the menu! Everyone of them was tasty and delicious! Prices are very reasonable but make sure you make a reservation well in advance. We called 10 days before and could only get a 9:00 seating.

1  Thank slogans4

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I walked into Les Foux on a Sunday, without a booking. Trip Advisor suggested they would place singles at the bar without a booking, and sure enough, I was in. I had escargots, confit de canard and creme brûlée , together with a couple of glasses of Madiran.

I have not seen Madiran on a wine list, ever. I remembered it from when I lived in Paris in the nineties. A very, very dry red, suitable to accompany such a greasy selection of dishes.

The escargot were excellent, though, while the menu claimed they were served with garlic and butter, I'm sure I detected a strong hint of piri-piri. Again, the confit was up to the best, with the meat falling off the bone. Only the creme brûlée was mundane, lacking the grains de vanilla to make it really authentic. A truly excellent French dinner.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Knowledge of the stuff by the servers, also that we were given as appetizers a dish of quails (that was sold out by then!) and they did not charged us for it. It was a nice detail. Good everything, the wine pricey but you know what you're getting. Anyway, c'est d'la bonne bouffe de bistro et c'était bien ce qu'on voulait un dmanche soir!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I have dined at "Les Faux" on 3 occaisions. Each has been highly enjoyable. The overall vibe is that of an unassuming bistro (think Latin Quarter in Paris). Is this Michelin star cuisine? No, but it is well executed and the prices are very reasonable. If I was trying to be picky, I'd suggest the wine list is a bit restricted, but they do have wine specials to augment the list and if you really want to kick it up a notch, bring your own bottle for a $25 corkage charge. There's always a couple of intriguing food specials as well. Frankly, this place delivers when one considers the overall value. Reservations REALLY recommended. Bon Appetit!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Les Faux Bourgeois is a gem. Great French food and reasonable prices. The desserts are fabulous too. You forget you're near a busy intersection on the East side of Vancouver! A wonderful dining experience.