“Great place for drinks in gastown”

Pourhouse Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gastown
Transit: Waterfront Skytrain Station is a block up the street. A nice and easy walk down Water Street to Pourhouse.
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Really enjoyed our experience at the Pourhouse Restaurant! Stopped by for drinks and tapas before dinner and was very impressed.

Loved the design and feel of the establishment – service was great and their drinks were tasty (and original.)

There are newer reviews for Pourhouse Restaurant

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had lunch . It was really good. Soup, sandwich. The staff was helpful and friendly. Was not overly busy. Really nice atmosphere.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My friends and I were in town for a concert and went there before the show. We had heard about it from the concierge at our hotel. It didn't disappoint. We had the mac and cheese to share as a starter and it was delicious. I agree with the other reviews that there is not a ton of choice but we made due and enjoyed the food we ordered. I had the spaghetti and meatballs and it was very tasty. My hubby had the burger and he enjoyed it as well. Overall it was a good experience and our server was friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The menu is limited. The one steak on the menu, was not a great cut and came with just a steak on a plate! No sides, no garnish, nothing. Almost funny. Just a big slab of meat on the plate. And it came with french fries on a separate plate. $34. French fries.
My friends said cocktails were good, but I drink wine and the wine list by the glass was very small, with no Merlot or Malbec on it. I sent the first glass back and the second wasn't much better.
I heard such great things about this place and came away not super impressed.
The service was good though - long wait for food but she was very apologetic and gave us a discount.
I would say go for drinks not food - but it is a restaurant so you have to eat something.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

From reading the reviews and viewing the menus I expected better quality food. However, I was a little disappointed with the updated menu we received that the only thing I fancied (in such a nice restaurant) was the burger, however, I was reminded that this was their signature burger so I expected great things. I was a bit disappointed as the burger was very ordinary so too were my husband's bangers & mash. We didn't opt for a pudding a there wasn't anything we fancied on there too.
On a positive note, it was a nice atmosphere, the tables and decor etc was very cosy and there was a jazz band playing so it would have been nice for just a drink. Maybe we just picked the wrong things on the menu as the restaurant was still busy for a Sunday night.