“Best meal in Vancouver!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pourhouse Restaurant
Ranked #124 of 3,677 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gastown
Transit: Waterfront Skytrain Station is a block up the street. A nice and easy walk down Water Street to Pourhouse.
Redondo Beach, California
“Best meal in Vancouver!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We found this place using the Yelp app; it was really close to where we were staying and it was open late.

Devils on Horseback - prunes stuffed with cheese (manchego?) and wrapped in bacon. I was hesitant to order it because of the prunes but it was delicious!

Beet & Endive Salad, Apple, Walnuts, Blue Cheese Dressing - good salad for two people to share. There were red and gold beets. I usually don't like blue cheese but the flavor wasn't too strong.

Roasted Bone Marrow, Sea Salt, Pickled Radish, Cilantro, Grilled Bread - HUGE bone marrow the size of my forearm!! This was amazing! The only downside was that they didn't give us enough bread. We ordered more and they charged us for it. Booooo!

Steelhead Trout, Gnocchi, Green Beans, Almond & Brown Butter Sauce - Trout was cooked to perfection. The gnocchi wasn't your traditional gnocchi, instead it was fried and so yummy! The brown butter sauce was perfect to tie the gnocchi and the trout.

Brussel Sprouts, Pork Belly & Crispy Onion - Probably the best brussel sprouts I've had! The pork belly was perfectly crisp, I just wished there was more of it.

Service was spot on and the drinks were delicious. When we got the check we were expecting to pay at least $150 but all the food and four drinks came to $100. Such a great deal! I will definitely recommend this place to any friend visiting Vancouver. It was the highlight of our very short Vancouver trip.

• Visited September 2013

Kelowna, Canada
“Food was ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I stopped by after arriving in Vancouver late night dinner.

We stopped by because the rating were high. What we found was a very loud, trendy bar with a small menu.

The server was excellent, the beer was ok, but we spent most of our meal shouting over the music.

My wife was so unhappy with the hamburger she stopped by A&W for some mini sliders.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London
“Great design, Great drinks, Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

You can really feel like Pourhouse is taking you back in some old times. The interior is dark and very cool and the service excellent. Cocktails are naughty - tell them what's your mood and they will suggest you something. For example I was served a very easy to drink, refreshing, flowery cocktail but, oh dear, the absinth was doing its job :D
We ordered the mackerel main course to share although we weren't hungry at all. The menu is very inviting so we had to have a taste of their cooking as well. All the ingredients on the plate were of a very high quality and they were all perfectly balanced. It was a very enjoyable experience visiting Pourhouse. Can't wait to be back for more!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“The Pourhouse Is Pretty Unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Pourhouse on a Sunday evening after having it pointed out on a food tour. It's worth a visit for the cocktails alone (if you like gin, try the 20th Century). Patrick the Bartender is a true artist in how he builds the drink flavours around the spirit he uses. He also has a lot of great information around the backgrounds of the drinks. I ate there over the course of the evening and the food was amazing! They had a cool jazz band playing & a mix of a local & travelling crowd. There are a lot of amazing bars in Gastown, but the Pourhouse really does stand out amongst them for all the right reasons.

Visited August 2013
Olney, Maryland
“All around enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were a little under-dressed after wandering around Vancouver all day, but the reviews made us want to give it a try. They are great at making custom cocktails. I told the waiter what sorts of liquors and flavors I liked and he surprised me with a papa doble, also known as a Hemingway daiquiri. I had a mushroom tart that was nothing like I expected, and delicious. I am going to try to recreate it at home. My husband was very happy with the craft beer selection, which is why we went there in the first place.

• Visited August 2013