“Excellent food!”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cardero
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Celebrated an anniversary with the family. Was greeted and served by professional and polite staff. The food was well portioned and the selection was plentiful. We all look forward to returning!

2 Thank Devil604

Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Fine Dining Restaurant”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a great time at this French Restaurant with a Winelist over 35000 bottles, perfect for us ! The Menu had everything from a 6 Course tasting Menu to a la carte perfect for every fit

• Visited September 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Recent ownership change making a big upside difference”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Gavroche's chef recently became Gavroche's new owner. Updates are ongoing with new paint and lighter, brighter art, but the change that's really going to wow is in the food. Last week I had what was probably my 50th four-course lunch there in ten years, and it was so far and away the best meal I've ever had there that you can't see second place from here. Chef Rob really showed us what he could do when he's cooking HIS food HIS way, and it was very very impressive. The presentations were much more exciting and modern, and the flavors clean, clever and beautifully combined.

If you've been disappointed here in the past, Gavroche merits a re-visit.

• Visited September 2012
Vancouver
“Vancouver's best kept secret”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My mom and I had an amazing lunch au Gavroche- duck confit and smocked sturgeon. Both dishes were amazing. The sturgeon was the.best.i.have.ever.had!
The wine list is incredible, but pricey.

Will definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Bad choice for groups”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had arranged for a group dinner in the room they have downstairs that they say will hold around 20. I ended up overbooking as people cancelled at the last minute and some that were originally expected did not arrive. At no time while I was making the reservation and exchanging emails was I told that the headcount must be confirmed and that we would be charged for the number in the reservation versus the number that had a meal. No where is that stated on their website either. So we were charged for 18 even though we were 12. The reason stated was that they had to order the food. However, they did not serve us extra food and the menu selection we had had 3 options (and were not required to pre-order) which were part of their normal menu, thus it wasn't as if the food could not have been prepared and served to other diners. In addition, the room was a private room and they could not have served other diners in the space (unless they wanted a couple to have to suffer through a large group meal. The food was okay - nothing exceptional. I had far better meals at other places (for the same price) during the week I was there.

• Visited July 2012