“"I dont care attitude" when faced with a problem”

Harbour Air Seaplanes
Vancouver to Victoria by Seaplane and Ferry
$224.97*
Snorkeling with Seals in Nanaimo from Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard for a scenic seaplane flight and experience an authentic west coast way of life! Out here, this is how we travel for work, for fun & sometimes just for the view! Join us for a tour or scheduled flight today and see BC the way we do. You've come all the way west, the only direction left to go is up!
Nanaimo, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“"I dont care attitude" when faced with a problem”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

When booking a flight I was concerned my bag might go over the 50 lb limit as it was filled with my Christmas presents. I was told that I could bring the bag down first thing in the morning and it could go out on a earlier flight that wasnt full and would be kept securely in the Harbour Air terminal in Vancouver till I got there. Wow great service I thought! WRONG I did bring the bag early to the terminal in Nanaimo - it only weighed 42 lbs so I thought of taking it back again but was assured by the ticket agent that it would be secure.
Well you can guess what happened - they lost the bag. Its only a twenty minute flight across the strait. But things happen so I made a few calls and what happened after that was the worst in customer service. I was told "we are closing up for the evening and will have to look into this tomorrow" "as far as were concerned this has been taken care of" "if you would like to wait around to see if it shows up then do so" BUT "that means you will miss the shuttle to the airport and have to find your own way" Nobody cared!!! or even pretended to care!!! Thank god for the shuttle bus driver suggesting I check the lost and found at YVR. There was my bag- Security had found it in the hall of the YVR domestic terminal completely unattended. How did it get from
the plane to Harbour Airs "completely secure" south terminal location and then abandoned in the hall of the YVR terminal?? And lucky I had enough time between flights to do this on my own. Something I feel Harbour Air should have taken care of right away as opposed to telling me they were going home.

Visited December 2013
4 Thank SandraJohn630
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear SandraJohn630,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent experience on our service. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of customer service you received when it came to recover your baggage. In order to further investigate, please kindly contact me directly at customercare@harbourair.com with your full name, contact details and flight information.

• Turkish first
Epsom, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“The only way to travel to Victoria!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a great early morning experience! Being first on the plane meant I got to sit alongside the pilot - great views all the way in bright sunshine and a beautiful blue sky. The 40 minutes flight was uneventful and bang on time. Great job by Harbour Air!

Visited December 2013
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer care coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear RLancaster44,,
Thank you very much for your 5-star review. We love hearing from our guests’ experience and we are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time on your flight. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Arles, France
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Outstanding service and client relations”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have flown with Harbour Air a number of times in the last year. The service is great and very seldom delayed. The staff are outstanding. Consider this your first choice for travel in BC.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Melbfoodie
HarbourAirSeaplanes, customer care coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear MelbFoodie_13,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about our service and for your patronage. It is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Ottawa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wanted to take a tour...any tour, but none scheduled”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I tried to book any sea plane excursion while in town, but I was out of luck.

The tour operators kindly offered to let me pay for all three seats if I really wanted to go (where I'd be refunded if someone else showed up on the tour).

Sounded fun, but don't count on this as happening while in vancouver.

Visited November 2013
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear elleemmess,
We appreciate that you have taken the time to review our service. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have the opportunity to fly with us during your stay in Vancouver. This is currently our off-season for tours, and as a result we will only schedule scenic flights on a request basis with a minimum reservation of 3 adults. Please note that we offer many other packaged tours using our scheduled flight service to and from Victoria on a yearly basis, without any minimum passenger requirement. I apologize if this was not offered to you and will address that with our reservation department.
Again, thank you for your comment. We trust to have the opportunity to welcome you on board our services on your next visit.
Munich, Germany
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful views on the way to Victoria”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We took the seaplane from Vancouver to Victoria and back. Something had gone wrong with our reservation but the issue was addressed quickly by friendly staff. In both places these were the first terminals for seaplanes we had ever seen. Yes it was amazing to us seeing planes systematically taking of and landing on limited space of water. Even more amazing was the experience of taking and landing in these plances ourselves. The views of the cities, the islands and the ocean were baffling.

Visited August 2013
HarbourAirSeaplanes, customer care coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear foodieMunich_Germany,
Thank you very much for choosing Harbour Air for your first seaplane flight. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic experience and hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in our beautiful city. Thank you very much for recommending our service.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!