“Beats taking the ferry anyday!”

Harbour Air Seaplanes
Book In Advance
More Info
$98.29*
and up
Vancouver Seaplane Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard for a scenic seaplane flight and experience an authentic west coast way of life! Out here, this is how we travel for work, for fun & sometimes just for the view! Join us for a tour or scheduled flight today and see BC the way we do. You've come all the way west, the only direction left to go is up!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beats taking the ferry anyday!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Quick, and efficient! No "Westjet" jokes from the pilot, as fast is the name of the game! Loud and a bit of a tight fit unless you can secure the coveted seat beside the pilot, but worth it to get across the pond in 15min!

1 Thank bgoing77
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear bgoing77,
Thank you very much for recommending our service and its convenience.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon!

Canberra, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Vancouver to Victoria day tour”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I did the day tour from Vancouver to Victoria and back. The flight from Vancouver harbour to Victoria is scenic and it is fun to fly in a float plane. Note: this is a commuter plane and has frequent schedules, so you can fly over at whatever time you want too in the morning (availability considered). My only disappointment with the flight was that buy the end of the flight I was feeling dizzy from some jet fuel fumes that made it into the cabin. It took me about an hour to get over the feeling once at Victoria. I was not concerned for safety, but found this highly irritating. The cabin really needed better heating and ventilation, even for a short flight that it is.
I spent the rest of the day touring Victoria and went to the local museum. The bus tour and the cruise ship tour back to Canada mainland was scenic and enjoyable. Overall the tour was enjoyable.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank AlpineAndyAustralia
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear AlpineAndyAustralia,
I would like to begin by thanking for taking the time to write about your experience using our service. I also would to apologize for the strong fuel smell and subsequent dizziness you experienced. Using the contact information below, it would be much appreciated if you could kindly provide me with the details of your flight in order to have our maintenance department inspect the aircraft.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
customercare@harbourair.com
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a horrible flight”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Harbour air does not load disabled passengers first, so if you are not as mobile as the other passengers you will be the last to board the plane and end up with a terrible seat in the middle. i have a spinal cord injury so i can't run with the other passengers to get the best seats. i am also 6'3" tall, and when i was forced to sit in a center seat with absolutely no place to put my legs, my only option was to twist my body and stick my legs out into the aisle. After 50 minutes of sitting like that my back has been severly damaged and 5 days later i am in so much pain i cannot even walk.

Thank you harbour air for the terrible experience. Your lack of customer service has caused me serious medical problems. Lawsuit???

I would never fly with this company again. Good luck to you that do.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank smagik
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear smagik,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience on our service. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of customer service your received, we are really sorry to hear of the pain you are in after taking our flight.
Harbour Air does provide assistance and pre-board to elderly passengers, customers with disabilities or mobility challenges, as well as passengers carrying heavy luggage and children. Upon request, passengers will be met on the dock upon arrival and assisted to/from the terminal. Our pilots will also do their best to accommodate passengers in seats with some more leg-room and ensure maximum comfort during the flight.
With the information you provided in your direct letter to our customer care department, I will further investigate this situation with our staff and get back to you as soon as possible. I thank you for your patience.
Best regards,
Coquitlam, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good community philanthropy”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Others will have commented on the great waterfront location and unique offerings around the seaplane site in Victoria, but for those who like to "vote" with their dollars, Knowing Harbour Air has a long history of donating to Victoria-based charities may have you enjoying the trip even more!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Laurel L
Dear Laurel L,
Thank you very much for your review and for acknowledging Harbour Air’s contributions to its local communities. Harbour Air recognizes the importance of giving back to the communities it operates out of and is proud to sponsor many non-profit organizations and events.
We look forward to serving you again soon!
Victoria, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Must”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I travel frequently on harbour air, for work. The team are great and as accommodating as they are allowed to be (they were better before the business expanded). This is a great way to travel, so long as the weather isn't too bad. That is unless you like fare ground rides! The scenery is always special and there is the possibility that you will see whales if flying over the ocean.

Visited January 2013
HarbourAirSeaplanes, Customer Care Coordinator at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Denise B,
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor readers. It is always a pleasure to hear from our regular travellers. Your comment regarding our current level of service has been shared with our Executive and Management team.
We look forward to serving you again soon!