“"Never judge a book by it's cover"”

Prospect Point Restaurant
Ranked #739 of 3,704 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Grill, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Stanley Park
Description: Prospect Point in Stanley Park boasts the city's most spectacular views of the North Shore mountains, the Burrard inlet and the Lions Gate Bridge. We offer a full service casual restaurant perched off the cliff, with magnificent views of the Lions Gate Bridge, as well as an ice cream parlour serving locally made ice cream and coffee. Don't forget to visit the official Stanley Park Gift Store where you'll find local gifts and souvenirs.
Vancouver, Canada
“"Never judge a book by it's cover"”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Vancouver Seawall is perhaps the greatest "city" seven mile walk in the world.
Just above the Lions Gate bridge (the nearest thing to the Golden Gate Bridge) rests the Prospect Point Cafe. From the deck of the restaurant you can watch Cruise ships leave for Alaska and freighters leave for every port in the world. Sea planes with their mosquito like sound take off from Vancouver's inner harbour for Vancouver Island and secluded places way beyond.
A little over 500 yards away, a great Canadian Eagle is preparing its nest for a couple of eggs it will lay shortly. The fifty foot rock "Siwash" with its stunning legend is less than two kilos away.
The seawall from Lions Gate to the rock has been temporarily closed for rock scaling so I venture up the steep incline to "The Point' The menu is inviting, and Manuel a dynamic waiter from Espana helps me decide on what snack I should have.The Seafood chowder with a chunk of bread and a latte to follow are the orders of the day. For about ten bucks, I tuck into the best ever seafood chowder. The Sockeye salmon pieces along with other chunks of fish are embedded on a very thick and tasty broth. I have not in a long very long time enjoyed a chowder as much as this.
Don't miss this delight if ever you are on a walk or drive around the great Stanley Park in Vancouver. So much more to see and do than I have said. O', don't forget to see the nine oclock cannon (goes off at precisely 9.00 pm every night) About fifty feet from Halleluliah Point .

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Robert O

Pitt Meadows, Canada
“Good Eats”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We pleasantly surprised by how good the food was, all six of us enjoyed our lunches. The only negative was it did seem quite expensive. You could probably get the same meals for cheaper at one of the pubs around town.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Cynthia C
New Westminster, Canada
“Great, even in winter!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went here yesterday with a friend for lunch after a walk around Stanley Park. Definately plan to go back either with friends, my boyfriend, or even my kids. Heck, I'd even be comfortable going here by myself.

My friend and I went in before our walk to grab tea to go. I've always done this before walks, but never actually stopped in for lunch. When we came back in for lunch, we were greeted by a friendly waiter who sat in the warmest place in the restaurant (he gave us the choice, but could see we were wet and cold, so he suggested it). We gladly sat at the warmest table, but were told if we wanted to move closer to the giant windows, we were more than welcome to. The view of the Lions Gate Bridge is amazing from anywhere in the restaurant really, so sitting beside the window is not necessary (and it's a little drafty because it's right beside the window).

The wait staff were very attentive and knowledgeable, friendly, and came to check on us frequently (but did not overdo it). The atmosphere is comfortable, relaxed, and quiet. There is even a fireplace. Good layout. You can go in and get food or drinks to go, or stay and eat. I believe there is a different to go menu than the sit down menu, but not entirely sure (there was a menu written on a board that I didn't look at).

The food was amazing. A little more expensive (it was over 20$ for 1 caesar, and a burger and fries, with tip included). But I felt I got what I paid for, the food quality and experience matched the price. The menu is fairly big, they have everything from burgers and sandwiches and fries to breakfast to pastas. Oh and they are lisenced! ;)

The website is: http://www.prospectpoint.ca/Prospect_Point/Restaurant.html

3 Thank MissTravel32
Miami Beach, Florida
“Good in the summer”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The service and menu is a bit confusing. You walk in and no one is there to greet you. Once you settle in, get a table outside for the view. The foods ok.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Chris S
Miami Beach, Florida
“Not bad”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went for the ice cream ne time and a sandwich another time. Lots of raccoons outside but they do not enter the cafe. Nice view.

Visited November 2011