“Informative City Overview”

$114.51*
Winter Tour: Whistler and Shannon Falls Full-Day Tour from Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At WESTCOAST Sightseeing, we are proud of our spectacular backyard and we can’t wait to share it with you! Explore, learn, and be amazed by the city’s soaring skyscrapers, urban beaches, and coastal rainforests on our fully guided tours complete with expert commentary. See spectacular waterfront landmarks including the sails of Canada Place and the bustling Robson Street shopping strip.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had some friends visiting from Hong Kong and wanted to show them my city. So, we hopped on the Big Bus City Tour.

I phoned ahead to find out what time the bus would arrive in front of our downtown Vancouver hotel. The bus was on a winter schedule, so it came every 45 minutes. It showed up right on time and the driver, Larry, called out to us from the bus to make sure that we hopped right on.

My out of town visitors asked lots of questions of the driver and he gave very detailed answers.

The bus has lots of windows, comfy seats was warm and clean.

Our only mistake was that we took this tour on my friends' second to last day in Vancouver. We should have taken it earlier in their time here, as it gave such a good, broad view of the city.

I would definitely recommend Big Bus.

1  Thank otto w

Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was my first time to Vancouver, BC and I took the Big Bus tour in order to learn a little bit about the city - and learn I did! I had an absolutely splendid time. The bus was warm (thank goodness), clean and always on time! The driver was full of life, fun, friendly and very informative. I really did have a great time onboard and seeing the city. I highly recommend Big Bus if you're keen to have a good time whilst learning about Vancouver :)

4  Thank Jowann_Farrell
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Don't bother doing this tour in the winter! Supposedly it runs every 50mins....that's if it turns up at all!
I arrived in Vancouver in the morning. I had a voucher for the 2 day hop on hop off tour with Big Bus company. I was told that the next bus would stop outside the hotel at 11:38. It did not show up. I then had to wait until 12:28 for the next bus, which did show up. However, they state it's a hop on hop off tour...I found it very difficult to actually get off at a stop as they didn't seem to stop much at all. I told the driver where I wanted to go and he still didn't stop. I eventually managed to get off the bus. I checked with the bus driver before getting off, when the next bus would be....again it was a no show!
Don't waste your time and money on this tour!

4  Thank Stainlay148
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Big Bus was fantastic. Our guide was knowledgeable (Miles was his name), answered our questions and readily took pictures for us. The bus was a school bus converted, so no seat belts, I highly recommend bringing a car seat with you if you have an infant.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Hop on - hop off bus with commentary. Good to get a feel for a city the first time you visit. Both drivers were knowledgeable and added some local stories to the recorded commentary.

2  Thank Fiona C