3,656 results
All reviews bathroom mirror lobby lounge willow stream spa stanley park gold floor high tech car service convention center room service canada place beautiful hotel corner suite coal harbour turn down service harbour view rooms are large sea wall
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I was there for 4 days for business. I am there often and this was my first visit to this property....and my last! My second day they hadn’t made my room up by 5pm and I called down to the front desk and they assured me it would be clean by 7:30 when I arrived back. At 9 when I arrived back it still has not been cleaned! When I called the front Desk a second time I was assured they would be up immediately and it would be cleaned. I went to the bar returned at 9:20, nothing and had to wait until 10 o’clock before they were finally finished.( I guess this is a great way to get Bar business)
The next day my 7 AM wake up call came at 7:30. After work I came back and went to bed early as I had a very early morning meeting the next day and had to get up early. At 10 PM my doorbell was ringing multiple times with laughing outside the door and people banging on the door. It turned out to be the maids who asked if I wanted turn down service at 10 PM?
I explained I had already been in bed for over an hour and the 10 PM is a little late for turn down! There was an ice machine about 3 m from my room and I heard ice being dispensed all night long as well as I’m sure all the adjacent rooms in the area also heard. When I informed The front desk managers they seemed uninterested and could only say they were sorry and would call housekeeping and look into it.
They have a lot more to look into than just that!

My suggestion would be any one of many other hotels that are well run, good views, and give excellent customer service…For less than $500+a night!

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank chamonixCalifornia
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on your recent visit. I am disappointed to hear that your stay fell short of a five star experience and that you experienced issues with your turn down service. Should you wish to further discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jens.moesker@fairmont.com. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for a truly exceptional experience.
Jens Moesker
General Manager, Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night after our cruise. Walked from Cananda Place to the hotel. We were early for check in but no problem they would take our luggage and deliver to the room when it is ready. While they were tagging the luggage our room became available so we went up and had great views of the harbor. We didn’t eat at the hotel as there were other restaurants within walking distance. It was a very lovely hotel to spend the last night of our holidays. I would recommend it to friends.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful room with a view, get a Harbour / Stanley Park view on a high floor. Exceptional staff! Location is perfect to walk out to all restaurants and shopping, although the room service was very good!

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Pros:
- next to harbor and on a higher floor you can get a nice view
- luxurious, spacious room
- I've grown attached to their room service, which they consistently do well from a pb&j sandwich to entrees, particularly their BC salmon which was a nice coral color and tasted amazing.
- comfortable bed, pillows with the perfect give for my head
- easy access to hook up my Apple TV without trying to jam an HDMI cord into the back of the television though changing input wasn't as intuitive
- friendly staff from reception, room service, housekeeping, to those in the restaurant
- Botanist - the atmosphere is something you'd see on Instagram, the breakfast was good, the green juice came without foam, the avocado toast was charred and had a nice touch of peas giving it a good texture
- loved the interior design and selections in the hotel and room except for the bathroom which felt a bit cold and minimalist compared to everything else
- Le Labo toiletries are always nice
- quiet rooms, I didn't hear any neighbors at all which is something I never think of until I stay at a place with thin walls and doors
- free bike rentals! This was a big pro for me as I could ride to Stanley Park and back to the hotel because after biking 5 miles my legs are jelly and I just want to rest in my room. There's the option to upgrade and pay for a BMW bike (fancy!) but I liked the free bike and they send me on my way with a bottle of water. Huge pro for me.
- complimentary ride a BMW 7 series, to nearby place and they pick up. One of my favorite types of amenities.

Cons:
- not as centrally located as the other hotel we stayed at, Rosewood Georgia Hotel, but near the water with great views and it's not a far walk but farther away from some of the more visited areas

Mehs:
- we had a partial harbor view, which was a bit disappointing, but it still gave us a nice slice of water view

We got a deal through Trip Advisor for a room around $600 because through Fairmont it would have been a great deal more. Though it's pricey, I feel like I got a luxurious hotel with amenities I value (biking, complimentary ride, excellent room service, well-appointed rooms) and since I was on vacation it was nice to just enjoy the stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank pegc832
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Beautiful hotel, near the Canada center
Great lobby bar
rooms great

not cheap but you get your moneys worth

It is near where you catch the tour buses to everywhere

Friendly helpful staff and worth the stay
recommend the sea walk way across the street

Date of stay: June 2018