Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel is a treat.I stayed in a bedroom suite which overlooked the water. Floor to ceiling windows and a large deck just gave the room a great feel. The iPad in the room controlled all the drapes, lighting and entertainment system. The modern style feel to this hotel, is a variation from the traditional old railway hotels. Fairmont continues to deliver on wonderful service, clean rooms, and great fitness and swimming areas. I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Vancouver.

Room Tip: If you can afford it a suite is great. (and I wasn't on the gold floor).
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cathy R
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Write a ReviewReviews (3,180)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place functions and the staff smile and are helpful - and the location is good but be careful with your room choice. We were first offered a room where, should we have chosen to draw back the curtains to admire the partial view, we would have found ourselves sharing our experiences with the eyes of an entire office block barely 20 yards away. You are warned.

The real problem is that this hotel fancies itself as funky, fashionable and formidably tech savvy. Well, chaps, you are deluded. Whoever designed this place hadn't got a creative bone anywhere. The lobby is just a great big empty space with low ugly furniture filling two-thirds of it on either side of a truly hideous gas flame, with a piano plonked at one end just in front of a pokey bar squashed in a corner. There is no thought to discreet grouping, no art anywhere, no decent lighting, nothing to distract the eye. It gets so much worse when you get to your room. OK, the beds are comfortable (and so they should be), the room is a decent size and contains all the usual stuff but I have a quarrel with the technology in the room. Instructions for use are in the swanky leather-covered iPad. Ours had no battery power. Bad beginning. All the lighting and curtains are operated with touch pads. They glow. All night. As I lay tossing and turning I counted 25 lights keeping me company, not to mention the 48 gaps at the top of the curtains letting in Vancouver's ambient night light. It was like trying to sleep in a flipping fairground, or in the cockpit of an aircraft, probably the latter given the insistent hum of the air conditioning. The bathroom works, water is hot, the bath is ridiculously short and I'm only 5ft 4inches, and the lavatory is a dismal addendum alone in a large beige cubicle with a lone loo roll for company, walls inviting graffiti.

Now for room service. Glacial. When breakfast did arrive, partly wrong, the poached eggs were served in a small mixing bowl. How bizarre. I rather like them served on a plate, possibly on a small piece of toast. My husband had failed to pack a razor. It took almost an hour to get a disposable version to the room. By this stage we were celebrating the fact that we had only booked 2 nights.

There is one glowing little gem in all this ugliness and that is the florist shop tucked in behind reception. It is a beautiful thing. Thank God for that and the Italian deli next to that is a little joy away from the smug dullness of what passes for the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Shellfire

Thank you for sharing your comments; we sincerely appreciate it. We value your feedback and will ensure your comments are communicated to our team. I would invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your feedback further at Philip.barnes@fairmont.com. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is definitely one of the best hotels I’ve stayed at in quite a while! This hotel has got service from entry to departure down to a science… starting with the doorman. Well done! A big thank you to everyone who made my stay perfect in every way.

I booked the hotel on my corporate rate and thought it was excellent value for the money. My room was probably double the size of most standard hotels rooms. It was tastefully decorated and had a view of the harbor, the mountains and the city. The bathroom was all marble and had a tub, rain shower, separate toilet-closet and a counter that spanned the entire length of the bathroom … with lots of room for my make-up and toiletries. Best part was that the mirror had an embedded tv so I could watch the news while getting ready in the morning.

Location was perfect for me to get to my meetings, and it was about a 10 min walk to get to the main shopping areas.

In terms of eating – sushi at the lobby bar was really good and the Giovane café is convenient for grabbing breakfast in the morning.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the harbour.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Suman514

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent business travels. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had a really enjoyable 2 night stay at the newest Fairmont; 4 years ago, we stayed at their sister hotel - the Waterfront which was also nice but was showing it's age. But this hotel is soooo much better.

We loved the vibe of the hotel, the clean, modern interiors and especially the casual laid back atmosphere at Giovane Cafe & Bar. We arrived very late from Asia so didn't want to go out looking for dinner so we ate here. The Italian inspired food was so delicious and the staff were warm and friendly. We ended up having breakfast here everyday and also stocked up on some gourmet goodies they sell including the Noble Maple Syrup with Tahitian Vanilla and Chamomile Flowers. Amazing!!!

From the welcome we received from the doorman when we arrived to our departure, the service here was great! Everyone was friendly and very warm. Our room was also really lovely; beautiful wood, gorgeous furnishings in a tasteful and understated colour scheme of greens and natural tones.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mister7Star
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We recently stayed on the GOLD LEVEL as our 1st experience with PACIFIC RIM, Ive stayed at all Fairmont locations in Vancouver.

All the concierge knew us by name before we knew who they were, they were super friendly but not pushy, doing anything for u that's needed.

After a movie i went down to the private lounge for some complementary snacks & desserts and was asked ''would u like me to pop u some fresh popcorn for your other movie?'' HAHA i was taken a back and kindly declined since i filled up on cheese cake and watermelon!!

The room was beautiful with the harbor view and as we walked in our room the lights turned on slowly and music started to play!!!!!

THIS IS NOW OFFICIALLY OUR NEW PLACE TO STAY every time we are in Vancouver!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!! And Im a super picky person :)

Room Tip: Harbor Rooms are highly recommended but Im sure all rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your continued support of Fairmont Hotels, and we’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience during your recent stay on Fairmont Gold at Fairmont Pacific Rim. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful four night stay in August 2013. Stayed in suit overlooking the pool. Everything was perfect. Room was spacious and well appointed, including tv in mirror in bathroom. Were able to use hotel bikes for family ride. Service was great. Pool is small but never overly crowded. Food at hotel was good but a bit pricey. Close to everything downtown. Only strange thing was that two taxi drivers couldn't find the hotel, confusing it with similarly named places. Not sure why.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My Wife and I booked a room back in October of 2013, for February of 2014 in a Coal Harbor corner suite on the Gold floor. I thought being a President Club menber actually ment something. When we arrived and parked, we were greated by the valet, nice fellow. We were checked in right away and we were off to our room. In the elevator I noticed that the Gold floor was the 20 floor. We were on the 7th floor, ok lets see wha the room was like. The room was ok, some of the craftmanship is not up to par with the wood work, uneven joint in the wood work. Minor issue, but lets get to the good part we took a look out the window to see our view and what we saw was the roof for the Convention Center across the road, and beyond that you could make out the harbour between the Convention Center and Canada Place. After seeing this combined with a crappy flight in I was not in a good mood to say the least. After explaining my displeasure with the front desk we were told that we could get the room I originaly booked if we pay more. I thought I was going to have a stroke, we would get the room I originaly booked in good faith with the Hotel if I paid more. No no no, that was not going to happen, we checked out, were upon a manager came out 10 minutes in trying to get out of there and go elsewere to have her parott the same thing. After a day to cool off I realize that the hotel is committing fraud by advertising a Coal Harbor view, not a partial view. For one this is advertising fraud, and not providing the room I book when I phoned in October to book the room. I specificaly stipulated Gold floor and felt as if we were huckstered out of a verbal contract. This is not the first time we have had issues with Fairmont hotels, but this is going to be the last.

Room Tip: Book at the Pan Pacific instead.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple