“Elegant and modern”

Ranked #2 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Surrey, Canada
“Elegant and modern”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves to a weekend downtown and we are so glad we chose to stay at the Pacific Rim. It is a beautiful property in the heart of downtown Vancouver. When you step in the hotel, the smell even smells luxurious. The staff were all friendly and knowledgeable about the hotel and local area. Our room was gorgeous with a great view of the harbor. We ate in the lobby lounge and Oru, both nice experiences with westcoast cusisine and a great wine list. It was a great weekend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent staycation. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining experience at ORU Cuisine and The Lobby Lounge. Our team will be thrilled to hear your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had a lovely stay here. Booked the suite when it was on sale in summer (therefore had an amazing deal!) Has a grand & posh looking lobby, friendly staff and great location. Our suite was very spacious and we had an amazing view of the mountains & Stanley park! The rooms were quite hi-tech. Buttons can be controlled via iPad (which sometimes can be tricky!). Loved the TV in the mirror in our ensuite! No negative comments on our stay at all. Would stay here again if the opportunity comes!

Room Tip: Choose higher floor with Mountain & Stanley Park view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nothing less from a Fairmont. Great service from check in to check out. Cozy and comfortable. The Spa is worth a visit. Love the in-mirror tv in the bathroom. Gelato store is great. Very good location by the waterfront.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mstsc
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Let me just say - WOW!
From the moment I woke up that day and received my pre-check in e-mail from the Fairmont, until I went to bed that night - I felt special. Like royalty, really.
I was in Vancouver for 3 nights and had the pleasure of staying at this world-class, first-class hotel.
The doorman, Patrick (I believe his name was) had a smile on his face every time I saw him. He greeted me each day with a warm welcome and "have a nice day". This hotel really shows what giving good...no, GREAT, customer service -- that is what it's all about. I travel alot for work and I have never received such amazing service.
After a long drive through the mountains from Kelowna, we checked in - greeted by name, no less. We were checked in, in under 5 minutes and on our way to our room. Once in my room - again, first class, I spent a few moments unpacking before heading out to take in the city while we were still had day light (and to go out for dinner).
On my return from dinner and strolling around Gastown, I returned to my room. When I opened the door: soft music was playing, the curtains on the floor to ceiling windows were drawn, lights were dimly lit, a fresh bottle of sparkling water on ice, the huge, modern bathroom had the spa lighting set with the mirror-tv set on the weather network; did I mention the slippers set beside the turned-down bed? They have absolutely thought of everything!
I was absolutely delighted with this -- I was exhausted - so, I grabbed my plush bathrobe provided, and relaxed on the comfortable chair, sipping the sparkling water provided.
My second night, I enjoyed a glass of wine in the lobby bar area, after a day at work. The musician playing that night was professional and very enjoyable.
The location of this hotel is also fantastic --- can walk anywhere. My colleague and I walked to Gastown, took the seabus to North-Vancouver one evening, and on our last day, walked for hours along the harbour front. Also, it is just accross the street to catch the Sea-plane which will take you to Victoria.
Our last evening there was a beautiful September (& warm) evening. We snuck some of wine up to the 6th floor (or was it the 5th) where the outdoor heated pool and hot tub were. We had this area to ourselves - and enjoyed the city and harbour view while we swam, and relaxed in the tub. (during summer months - there is an outdoor cabana bar there - which was closed when we visited)
Let me just say - if it is in your budget - this establishment is well worth the visit.

Room Tip: If it's in your budget - any room will do!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank McFadKim
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a delight to walk into the Fairmont Pacific Rim! The decor is modern and fresh!
Our room had a Romeo and Juliette balcony over looking the ocean, mountains, and Convention Center. The room was exquisite; modern, well appointed, and a true spa-like bathroom!
The hotel's restaurant was perfect! Great menu with deliciously prepared entrees.
We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel. No need for taxis. A must stay for anyone visiting Vancouver!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining at ORU Cuisine. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim in the near future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Excellent hotel near the waterfront. The staff made our 3 night stay very enjoyable and the rooms are very high tech. My wife and I enjoyed the free bikes to ride to Stanley Park and have lunch at the Tea House.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2pugs2010
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had an excellent stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Everything was perfect. I checked into my room and there was some nce music playing lightly. The lighting was very relaxing. I had a perfect view from my room of the harbor between the convention center. I was so impressed with this place and was worth every penny spent. Of course being able to control features in the room with the iPad was pretty cool in itself, but a TV in the bathroom mirror, now that was cool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank James F
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Fairmont Pacific Rim. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Vancouver.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President,Pacific Northwest