“Always a good stay at Fairmont”

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Singapore, Singapore
“Always a good stay at Fairmont”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nothing less from a Fairmont. Great service from check in to check out. Cozy and comfortable. The Spa is worth a visit. Love the in-mirror tv in the bathroom. Gelato store is great. Very good location by the waterfront.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mstsc
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Let me just say - WOW!
From the moment I woke up that day and received my pre-check in e-mail from the Fairmont, until I went to bed that night - I felt special. Like royalty, really.
I was in Vancouver for 3 nights and had the pleasure of staying at this world-class, first-class hotel.
The doorman, Patrick (I believe his name was) had a smile on his face every time I saw him. He greeted me each day with a warm welcome and "have a nice day". This hotel really shows what giving good...no, GREAT, customer service -- that is what it's all about. I travel alot for work and I have never received such amazing service.
After a long drive through the mountains from Kelowna, we checked in - greeted by name, no less. We were checked in, in under 5 minutes and on our way to our room. Once in my room - again, first class, I spent a few moments unpacking before heading out to take in the city while we were still had day light (and to go out for dinner).
On my return from dinner and strolling around Gastown, I returned to my room. When I opened the door: soft music was playing, the curtains on the floor to ceiling windows were drawn, lights were dimly lit, a fresh bottle of sparkling water on ice, the huge, modern bathroom had the spa lighting set with the mirror-tv set on the weather network; did I mention the slippers set beside the turned-down bed? They have absolutely thought of everything!
I was absolutely delighted with this -- I was exhausted - so, I grabbed my plush bathrobe provided, and relaxed on the comfortable chair, sipping the sparkling water provided.
My second night, I enjoyed a glass of wine in the lobby bar area, after a day at work. The musician playing that night was professional and very enjoyable.
The location of this hotel is also fantastic --- can walk anywhere. My colleague and I walked to Gastown, took the seabus to North-Vancouver one evening, and on our last day, walked for hours along the harbour front. Also, it is just accross the street to catch the Sea-plane which will take you to Victoria.
Our last evening there was a beautiful September (& warm) evening. We snuck some of wine up to the 6th floor (or was it the 5th) where the outdoor heated pool and hot tub were. We had this area to ourselves - and enjoyed the city and harbour view while we swam, and relaxed in the tub. (during summer months - there is an outdoor cabana bar there - which was closed when we visited)
Let me just say - if it is in your budget - this establishment is well worth the visit.

Room Tip: If it's in your budget - any room will do!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank McFadKim
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a delight to walk into the Fairmont Pacific Rim! The decor is modern and fresh!
Our room had a Romeo and Juliette balcony over looking the ocean, mountains, and Convention Center. The room was exquisite; modern, well appointed, and a true spa-like bathroom!
The hotel's restaurant was perfect! Great menu with deliciously prepared entrees.
We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel. No need for taxis. A must stay for anyone visiting Vancouver!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining at ORU Cuisine. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim in the near future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Excellent hotel near the waterfront. The staff made our 3 night stay very enjoyable and the rooms are very high tech. My wife and I enjoyed the free bikes to ride to Stanley Park and have lunch at the Tea House.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2pugs2010
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had an excellent stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Everything was perfect. I checked into my room and there was some nce music playing lightly. The lighting was very relaxing. I had a perfect view from my room of the harbor between the convention center. I was so impressed with this place and was worth every penny spent. Of course being able to control features in the room with the iPad was pretty cool in itself, but a TV in the bathroom mirror, now that was cool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank James F
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Fairmont Pacific Rim. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Vancouver.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President,Pacific Northwest
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I will definitely return to the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Every aspect of the hotel, from the doormen, to check-in and concierge to the rooms and the lovely lounge were wonderful. Both our suite and my brother's standard room were beautiful and modern. The spa and pool were terrific and the location is fantastic. The lounge has great drinks, a beautiful fireplace and live music. The cheerful professionalism was top-rate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex L
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Every need catered for, so clean and new looking it could have opened yesterday. Helpful and friendly staff despite the fact my husband and I were in jeans and jumpers for the week (some hotels can treat you as second class for being casual on holiday- not this one). The only downside for me was that the lights and curtains were remote controlled, every time I tried to turn the lights on I opened or closed the curtains which was funny at first but became tedious after a couple of days. Overall, this is expensive, but fabulous if you can afford it (check out comparison sites for best deals).

Room Tip: Best rooms have views over the waterfront.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Olf82
Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback; we sincerely appreciate it. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim again in the future.