“Great Location and splendid architecture”

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great service and a superb location makes this a wonderful hotel.The pool which I could look at from my room looked inviting and was well located,sun wise. The products in the room,which was very spacious including the bathroom with tub and shower(difficult to figure the controls) and enclosed WC plus TV in the mirror had great ROSE products that smell great and boast excellent quality.There was live music in the lobby when I went down 7pm.The views of the mountains and the sea are exceptional and the hotel is only three years since it opened with automated everything in the room including an iPad where I could control lights,TV,everything.We had dinner at their restaurant and everything we chose was very good and service was excellent .I asked for more ice twice and was provided a full bucket of ice.Super.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators and choose a room with a view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Pacific Rim

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently stayed here & it was superb. Best I've ever stayed at, great location. During my stay I found the staff exceptional, lobby bar a must to visit, live music all the time, special thanks to Sam, lounge manager .
This is what a hotel experience should be, excellent all round.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Have stayed at the Pacific Rim a couple times now. Great rooms and great service. Pool is wonderful and the views of the mountains are amazing. Bar in the lobby is great with the Live music every night is super. Our room have view of the mountains and a huge tub with view of mountains. Great hotel if you are going to take a cruise!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your continued support of Fairmont Pacific Rim. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed the nightly live music at The Lobby Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim 2 times this past summer. The first time was excellent—I was upgraded to a room that had a harbor view (which was beautiful). My review is going to be a consolidated description of my experience from the 2 times I visited the hotel.

Arrival (I'll start with the bad):
On my 2nd stay at the Pacific Rim, I drove up to the Valet since self parking wasn't available due to space unlike the first time I visited. I drove around the driveway adjacent to the front of the hotel next to the large sign. There was a line of cars that were in a row so I was waiting for one of them to clear the area. THEN, I was quickly scolded and yelled at by the driver in the last car in that row "YOU CAN'T PARK HERE, GET OUT OF THERE!" Appalled and caught off guard thinking he was just the driver who owned that car, I then noticed that he was in fact one of the valet employees because of his Top hat and uniform. WOW... I had to explain to him that I was not parking on the driveway and I was in fact waiting for one of the cars to clear the way so I can get my car valeted, you know, because I was left with no alternate choice. He glared at me as I drove away, which I really did not appreciate. Anyways, that was internally noted and I definitely let staff know inside of this rude welcoming that I received upon arrival. Great.

The Room:
The rooms are clean. The bed was probably the best bed I've slept in at a hotel—both time's I visited I was well rested and comfortable. The size of the room is very spacious. Lot's of detail and thought were put into the room, for example: underneath the entertainment system there was a white chinese take out box that had condoms and lube (perfect for couples staying here), next to the bathtub was a small box that had a plastic bag of bath salts (great for using in the spacious bath tub). There's also the obvious traits of the room that everyone on Trip Advisor LOVES to note: ipad in the room, tv in the mirror, yadda yadda yadda. One thing that I love to note though is the scent of their Rose 31 bath/skin products smell AMAZING! If you love the hint of rose—you'll love this scent! Classy and elegant!

The Concierge Service
Amazing. The blonde woman who helped us with dinner was very informative of what was around the area and extremely helpful. After walking to the Cactus Club and back to the hotel with no luck of being seated within an hour, the concierge picked up her phone and called the restaurant to tell them guests at the Pacific Rim will be arriving and to get us seated as quickly as possible. My jaw just about dropped to the floor after she said they are expecting my friend and I and will be seated in about 15 minutes. WOW! That was pretty rad.

Pool, Jacuzzi and Outdoor Bar
The facilities outside were great! The pool was a decent size but I was more impressed by the Cabanas that had flat screen TVs! The pool staff were very gregarious and the drinks that my friend and I received (Tequila Sunrise and some sort of spiked fruit punch) were delicious. My problem was that I tipped them 20 percent, but when I looked at the bill after going home they had somehow got confused (not sure if it was intentional) and tipped 320%. I don't quite know how a sane person would think tipping $50 for just 2 drinks is normal (and I'm not even a celebrity ^__^). i called the hotel upon arriving at home and they immediately credited me back that money. TIP: upon check out, review your bill—I had failed to do so.

In total, I had a pretty good experience at the Fairmont Pacific Rim—not perfect but not extremely lousy. 4 stars would do—I travel to Vancouver often and am interested if the next visit would beat the first 2 (and if there could be a potential rating change from a 4 to 5—it seems like everyone rated this a 5/5)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jerome B
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We were in Vancouver to visit some friends in April 2012 and us guys really wanted to impress our women so we decided to book a Jr. Suite at the Pac Rim for a night. This place is stunning, from the architecture to the service to the food, everything is done right.

We had left the hotel to go find a liquor store and stopped at the concierge to ask where we should go. Upon returning to our room there were glasses and ice waiting for us (with some water as well). This had really surprised us as we didn't mention our room number or anything, and were told "we have our ways" when asked how they knew. The service the whole time there was great and I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Vancouver.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was here on a business trip and stayed here 3 days. Although a little bit expensive I enjoyed the room, the swimming pool, and the best bathroom ever! They even had an television in the mirror! The staff was also very friendly. I enjoyed every minute of it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent business travels to Vancouver. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed every minute of your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Philip M. Barnes

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Yes, expensive but worth it for location and and atmosphere. Spacious and comfortable. Staff outstanding. Air conditioner was not working in room and maintenance arrived very quickly and fixed. Great views and within walking distance of shopping and activities. The restaurant was EXCELLENT (yes, expensive) and very relaxed and comfortable. Would love to spend more time there.

Room Tip: Can only speak about one room but can't imagine any to be bad.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends