“Stars above everyone else!!!!”

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Stars above everyone else!!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband, 10 year old son, and I stayed at the Fairmont, and just departed. I wanted to let you know what a wonderful time we had in Vancouver, and I thank your great staff for this experience. Beginning with Matthew Scott, I was able to make many excursions for our family. He responded to every email over the last month and made wonderful suggestions which we did follow. Whistler's peak to peak gondola, whale watching, Stanley Park, the Science Center, and the Aquarium were all perfect for our family. We especially enjoyed the complimentary bikes the hotel offered and biked through the park several times. All the concierges were absolutely terrific. I wish I could name every one, but David, Mark, and Elizabeth were very helpful with dinner suggestions. We had many good meals at Cactus Cafe, Italian Kitchen, and Joe Forte's, and several other places near the hotel.The breakfast buffet at Oru's was delicious, and Giovane Cafe was a great place to stop in throughout the day. I especially enjoyed the olive oil tasting, and spent some time listening to Darren Brown giving the presentations at night. I did buy about 6 bottles of various oils to bring back to the states plus the delicious olive tapenade. I think the shop is a wonderful addition, and we had several of the muffuletta sandwiches.
The housekeeping staff was wonderful. I never met anyone, but they always had our room cleaned and even folded all our clothes left out. They left a small robe for my son and put his stuffed animals on his bed every night for him. That made him feel very special.
Craig with the front desk made sure we had a very nice room and a wonderful breakfast. He was very attentive upon our check in and took great care of us. His care and attention on the first day was a great indication we would have a great stay at the Fairmont.
We have stayed at Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, and Omni Hotels, but your staff and service was the best we have ever encountered.

1 Thank simi1228
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent visit to Vancouver. We’re delighted to hear your family enjoyed their stay and we’ll be sure to share your kind words with our team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Dimas, California
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family is in Victoria and I get an email from the Fairmont Pacific Rim titled "I'm on my way", we are checking in this afternoon and the email states that by giving my estimated arrival time I will be able to go to the front desk and pick up my room keys, I state an arrival of 2:30 PM. We arrive after a 4 hour trip from Victoria at 3PM which is the check in start time, we are told our room is not ready, can't be told when it will be ready so please go to the lounge and have a drink comped. An hour and a half later we get our room keys, rush to our room to freshen up and go sightseeing, our schedule is off. We return from abreviated sightseeing and prepare to go out for dinner. Taking a shower, the soap holder is hanging about to come off and the water faucet handle is loose, this may not seem like much at a Courtyard but I expect more from this property. Room is booked for a family of four, there are three bath towels, I call for more and wait, now our departure to dinner is further delayed. We start to unpack and in a double queen room there are TWO drawers for clothing, not the large and wide dresser drawers but enough room for one person, the dresser has two drawers taken for mini bar type snacks and such. How can a hotel take so much space for consumables at the expense of the customer not to have room for clothing? I call and talk to the manager who apologizes for everything and explains check in starts at 3PM but there is no guarantee a room will be ready. I tell the manager about the other issues and am told he can check for another room, I told him I may not stay so he offers my family dinner at one of the hotel restaurants to which I explain we have a reservation at a very nice restaurant already but would accept for the next evening. The manager says he will call me back in 5 minutes about another room which he does, I ask which restaurant would the comped dinner be in the next night and now I'm told that offer was only for tonight, whatever, we are about to miss our reservation at a really nice restaurant. We see the manager in the lobby as we are trying to leave and my wife tells him no thanks for another room, we have wasted enough time today and she just doesn't feel like relocating after dinner. We have an incredible dinner and return to our room about 10:30 PM, the message light is on. I call the front desk and I'm told we have a welcome amenity, I ask what is it and get a vague "snack" answer. Would I like it sent up? Why was a welcome gift not sent when we arrived? A friend ordered champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to welcome us, now they are trying to give this to us just before bed time. Nobody could alert us to this gift waiting, we have been in contact with various staff earlier? For the most part the staff has been very accommodating and friendly but I hate to think what will happen next. I researched this hotel and we were very excited about our stay but I feel extremely disappointed in the conditions and attention to detail. My wife is extremely upset after what she anticipated and a failure to make amends. The Fairmont Pacific Rim has truly let us down in many ways.

11 Thank #1LakerDad
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we sincerely appreciate it. We are disappointed to hear your experience did not meet your expectations and please note this is neither acceptable nor commonplace, and I would invite you to contact me directly at philip.barnes@fairmont.com to discuss your feedback further. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Fort Worth
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Great room with extra comfortable beds and pillows. Fantastic bath with rain shower and separate deep bathtub. Even has a TV in the bathroom mirror! All lights and curtains are controlled via in-room iPad - very convenient. The staff has been extra efficient, helpful and kind. LOVE the gold level lounge with the most beautiful views of Vancouver waterfront. Nice to enjoy breakfast and evening snack/happy hour here.
Vancouver has been a favorite destination. This hotel makes a return trip a must!

• Stayed July 2013
We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay on Fairmont Gold during your visit to Vancouver. We look forward to your return trip to Fairmont Pacific Rim in the near future.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at an Ofuro room over July 4th weekend, and the corner bathroom attached was the highlight. It had floor to ceiling panoramic views of the water and the trees/mountains beyond. The view was breathtaking during the day and at night. The bathroom was large and clean. The bedroom had less of an impressive view, half of which was a large building in front of it. Still, loved the large space and the ipad controls. Service was great, and someone would deliver anything you needed by the touch of a button on the ipad within 15 minutes. Rom service was also quick and fabulous. The staff downstairs was also lovely and helpful. Brunch was also great. Oj and made to order eggs/omelettes and a large choice of buffet items including fresh fruit. The bar downstairs serves decent food, poutine and sushi were pretty good. It was a total scene Saturday night and really loud and busy. Also. The massage services are quite wonderful too. All this, of course, came with a price tag.

Room Tip: Ofuro, as high as possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We got a great deal here for 3 nights and enjoyed the time immensely. Not only could we never hear anyone around us-except for a few doors in the morning-but we were happy to wake up in this great room and hotel! I enjoyed my possibly best ever mojito the first night there, we had an AMAzing breakfast there where the manager went through great lengths to give us wonderful experiences in and out of the city. The concierg(es) was more than eager to help us plan our trip further into Vancouver Island and one slid an envelope under our door with a map he'd marked up for us of our new destination. So nice! We were able to use bikes free of charge to get around Stanley Park. And by creating our President's Club Membership (free) we were given use of their wonderful outdoor jacuzzis, showers and sitting rooms with tea and coffee. That we should have made use of on day one. What a treat. Highly recommend this hotel. Book early!

Room Tip: Besides my other notes, the bath soaps/shampoos etc were very strong smelling-if they have another k...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent travels to Vancouver. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy a few of the benefits of the Fairmont President’s Club membership, including the complimentary BMW bicycle rentals. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Vancouver.
Denver
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a pool facing, but not pool-side room with fireplaces. Pretty sweet that suite. Large, very nice and comfortable and wish we had more time in the room. We tried to make it work for my wife and I and our two adult children. We liked it but it really wasn't great for them. We did have two full baths which made it nice.
The location is great, service tremendous and facilities are professional. The lobby bar was always hopping and filled with piano music in the afternoon.
Recommend you stay here.

1 Thank ZLOfan
New York City
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a great stay at the Pacific Rim. The staff is really nice and helpful. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable with a large, well appointed bathroom. It faced the harbor and the view was unbelievable. We stayed on the club floor and it was well worth the splurge. There is a balcony in the club facing the harbor; it was fantastic at the end of the day to have a drink on the balcony and watch all the activity on the water.

Room Tip: View of the harbor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple