Fairmont Pacific Rim
$375
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$344
$314
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$163
Hotels.com
$465
Hotelpower.com
3,310 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorlobby loungeoru restaurantwillow stream spagiovane cafebmw bikesstanley parkhigh techgold floorcar serviceconvention centercanada placeroom servicebeautiful hotelsoaker tubcorner suitecoal harbour
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I guess a hotel experience should be more than the sum of its parts, where you walk away feeling that there was no possible way things could have been better. When we checked out of the Fairmont, I had a total "told ya so" moment with my girlfriend who was a little leery about paying $300 for a room. But it was just so perfect for so many reasons. The location was great, being right by the touist pick-up spots, the floatplanes, the harbor, Gastown, and the best gellato in Vacouver (and they oddly have a lot of gellato). The hotel itself was the most modern and sleek I'd ever seen, feeling exotic and hot like the row of ferraris and lambos parked outside each night. The hotel lobby turned into a legit nighclub lounge that gave it a cool vibe, great live music, like even when you were returning home, you had just arrived somewhere. The concierge desk was extremely enthusiastic about trying to help... they weren't going through the motions, they really seemed to WANT to be of service. It was a nice touch that even the maidstaff addressed you by your name. I've stayed at the Ritz where the obsequiousness seemed to ooze out, but here the personal touches seemed more legitimate. The bed... amazing. Felt like a perfect vacation just using the ipad from the bed to open the blinds and let the harbor view through. My only caution is if you're looking for something more quiet and genteel, then the nightclub atmosphere in the lobby may be a negative for you.

Room Tip: Take the seabus to North Vancouver and have dinner and drinks at Raglan's. It's right across the harbor, will cost you minimal fare, and isn't as stuffed with tourists like yourself. Good local vibe.
1  Thank jpicunko
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 2 pm after a long flight from Australia and were informed our suite was not yet ready as the guest have a late check out so we were given a smaller room to freshen up until the other guest checked out and Craig the front desk manager should be around 4.We went out for a walk and returned about 4.30 we were told the guest were still there as they are platumuim members and can check out at 5 .Craig was very sorry and offered us a free drink at the bar which was nice and we finally got to our room it was after 7
My point is that when you are book in a category of room your room should be available specially when it had been confirmed.
All in all a good stay but not as good as it could have been.

Room Tip: coal harbour view room
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Without a doubt, one of my favourite luxury hotels in Vancouver, The location is outstanding, adjacent to the downtown area and the beautiful Vancouver Harbourfront. The Vancouver Convention Centre is just steps away as is the Cruise Ship Terminal. Even better is the proximity to downtown shops, restaurants and historical areas of Chinatown, Gastown and Granville Island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour if possible, the views of the North Shore and Stanley Park are stunning and it is a constant show of boats, ferries, floatplanes and cruiseships, not to mention the odd seagull and eagle flying by!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurie V
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great location and our room overlooked Canada Place and the harbour. Gastown is close by as is the ferry terminal to get over to North Vancouver. Our room was quite large with quality furnishings and a super modern bathroom and lighting system. The bed was heavenly, one of those vast roomy ones with just the right degree of mattress softness and a light quilt for agreeable warmth. The air con was able to be manually adjusted for personal comfort. Checkin was quick although the hotel was very busy. A lovely touch was a young lady playing the piano in the lounge while we waited for someone to bring our luggage. Staff were pleasant, knowledgeable and friendly. A real touch of luxury.

Room Tip: If a view is important, mountains, water, activity, ask for a harbour room.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We thought the FPR offered excellent value. We had a spacious, well appointed, corner king with a city view for just under $400/nt.
I don't know if it's this hotel in particular that is well priced or Vancouver in general, but a comparable room at a comparable hotel would be a lot more in many large cities in the US.
The decor is minimalist and modern, but also warm and comfortable with nice Asian touches. I found the push-button lighting controls a little tough to use (hard to see what did what), but they worked well.
Next time, we'd probably pay up for water views as the beauty is incredible, and it would be nice to avoid some of the city noise (not awful but noticeable).
The common areas are generally very nice. Gym was large and decent - not the prettiest or most modern, but far from bad. The spa was lovely though we found the treatment pricing to very high. Lovely lobby, entrance, elevators etc.
We loved our daily breakfast at Oru where we found the huge, delicious buffet to be a pretty good deal at $33pp. Service there was fantastic; if you have a little extra time to chat, ask for Josh as a server, as he's a wealth of info on Vancouver and his bubbly personality is a real treat.
I think it's awesome that the hotel provides complimentary bicycles - was great to be able to hop on one and head to the park (and work off some of the breakfast buffet). Was a nice offset to the $14/day wifi.
With the exception of some confusion and delays around check-in and room selection, the service was very good, especially housekeeping.
Two things I'd love to see changed:
1. The daily live music in the lobby in the evenings. It was loud and bad, in my opinion. I may be an outlier in that view, since there was always a bit of a crowd, but I thought it was pretty awful. Would have loved to enjoy a drink or some sushi at the lobby bar, but just couldn't stand that music - was a bummer to return to it every night.
2. May seem strange or petty, but I found the fragrance of the bath products almost unbearably strong and unpleasant, like nasty, cheap perfume. Even the hand soup. Middle of the night, I'd wash my hands and bam! that smell would whack me. Used the shampoo once and my hair reeked for days- yucky. My husband refused to use it. They really need to switch to a different line or fragrance.

All in all we were thrilled with our stay at FPR. It was probably one of the best values we've ever experienced. Would happily stay there again if the pricing were similar.

Room Tip: I think it makes sense to pay up for water views. There's construction across the street on the city side that creates some noise (even at night) - not awful, but if you're a light sleeper it might bother you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Philip M. Barnes