“Very cool, modern hotel!”

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Fairmont Pacific Rim is unlike any hotel I’ve stayed at before – in a good way! I stayed there for a business trip and was impressed by the modern décor and all the technology in the hotel. All lights / temperature / blinds are controlled by an iPad on the desk, and a bellman will come to the room to teach you how everything works if you’re unsure. All other hotel information (room service, hours, etc) can be accessed via the iPad. The iPad & bathroom switches offer different lighting options depending on the “mood” you want in the room! The bathroom mirror even had a TV within it, which was super cool!

I had a Harbour View room, which had a lovely view of the water, sea planes & mountains. I was also across from the Shaw building, so we could see into their offices (keep the blinds closed when you’re changing, since they can see you too!!). The front entrance/hallway in our room was large, and our room was a good size as well. The beds & duvet were extremely comfortable – I wanted to bring them home with me! The bathroom was great, with a large double vanity with lots of storage. The rain shower was nice, and there was also a lovely soaker tub with a view of the TV! The toilet was closed off by large, frosted glass door.

I found that some of the channels listed in the paper TV guide they provided were incorrect, and since there was no information channel with all available shows, you had to go through each channel individually to see what was on. Changing channels was painfully slow on the main tv for some reason.

I didn’t have an opportunity to use the pool, but it was large with a separate hot tub. They pools were all lit up at night, which was a nice touch. There were also some outdoor fireplaces and couches under a gazebo that I saw people enjoying.

The lobby bar offered live music and was a very happening place every evening. It looked like a very trendy place to be, though it was a bit loud.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. There was a mix-up with the room when I checked in & I had to wait a couple minutes to make sure the new room was clean / prepared for guests, but that was a fairly minor and was handled efficiently and quickly. Concierge were helpful whenever I spoke to them.

One of the neatest hotels I have ever stayed in! I would highly recommend to anyone staying in downtown Vancouver!

1  Thank kristin7
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your comments and feedback, we’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the channel listings and we will certainly review the challenges to avoid future disruption for you and future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Write a ReviewReviews (3,179)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was our first stay at the Pacific Rim as we usually stay at the Waterfront before our annual cruise to Alaska. Looks like we'll be staying at the 'Rim from now on!

This is a beautiful new property in a fabulous location, with much larger, more well-appointed rooms than the other Fairmonts in Vancouver, but with a hipster vibe as opposed to the more refined, boutique vibe at the Waterfront and Downtown. Not a vibe I much cared for, with a loud poser scene in the lobby bar at night. But once in our huge quiet room we let all that go and enjoyed the fine views and convenient amenities of this fine hotel. Front desk service was a tad cold but I guess our forty/fifty - something demo wasn't quite the market this hotel is catering to.

One small gripe: one of the screws on my eyeglass frames had come loose, and I asked the concierge if he could help... all I got was a blank stare. Am I wrong to expect the concierge - or at least someone at the front desk or in maintenance - of a five-star hotel to have an eyeglass repair kit?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a truly fantastic few days in the beautiful city of Vancouver. The Pacific Rim is perfectly located and the room and harbour/mountain views are so amazing that we almost didn't want to venture outside!!! The service was outstanding throughout but I must make special mention of the reception and front desk staff, particularly Vincent Cheung, Sean and Patrick. They are full of local knowledge and advice about restaurants and cocktail bars (we seem to spend a lot of time in those!).The limo service is a fantastic add on.
One amazing experience needs special mention as an example of service and attention to detail. On checking out, the front desk staff had organised a taxi to take us to the airport. We were 10 minutes into our journey, stopped at traffic lights when there was a knock on the taxi window. It was the Bell Captain, Vincent Cheung who had in his hands my camera and iPad! I had left them on the front office desk when requesting a taxi and Vincent had realised they were mine, jumped in a hotel limo to catch up with us on the way to the airport! It was amazing, so a big thank you to Vincent and the staff.
I can't wait to return to Vancouver and spend more time with my girlfriend in this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: a room with a mountain/harbour view is a must!
Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mr-BT
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The Fairmont Pacific Rim is in a league all its own. The hotel is gorgeous with its modern-era design. The latest in technology is in use with fascinating in-room options. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful, especially Patrick the doorman and the restaurant staff. And the lobby/lounge is vibrant like a party
every night. The views of the city and harbor are spectacular. I could go on and on. We loved this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank NRMomof4
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim for a conference and was really impressed. It is probably the best experience I have ever had for business travel. The hotel has numerous nice touches, such as BMW 7-series cars that take you around downtown free of charge and mountain bikes you can borrow (with bottled water provided) and bike the 9km route around the beautiful Stanley Park. The views are spectacular. It is right across the street from the convention center, making it easy to head back between sessions. The staff was courteous and very helpful, settling a complicated rental car issue for me without difficulty. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent business travels to Vancouver. We’re delighted to hear of your experience and that you were able to enjoy some of the complimentary amenities such as the BMW cruise bicycle rentals. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Philip M. Barnes

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is very modern it has lots of great features. The rooms are wonderful, great beds :D lots of good places to eat around hotel as well. Canada Place is just down the street and Gastown is walking distance away. The sky train is just down the street as well making it a great hotel for anyone attending an event at Rogers or BC place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank leanne1966
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The room was very large, the bathroom was like a spa setting. The curtains were on an electronic switch, so was the lighting in the room. It was very interesting that the bathroom mirror had a small T.V. in it, great to have a bath and watch my show. There are so high tech here it has a tablet that lets you order room services, or anything you want. The bed is very comfortable. If you have an AMA card or work for the government, you get a discount. Great pool area, make you feel like you are not in Vancouver, more like a tropical place. First time stayed here and will come back. I have to tell you if you sign up for the president's club you get free wireless, or it is $15 a day. Parking was expensive around $43 a day.

Room Tip: As for one overlooking the water.