“modern luxury done right”

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed April 23, 2013

While on our honeymoon in May,we stayed here after our cruise docked in the nearby harbor. It was hands down one of THE BEST hotels we've ever had the pleasure of staying in. Everything was beautiful. The room, the lobby the views, the service. Simply spectacular. I loved all the little touches like the television in the bathroom, all of the cool lighting options and the modern and clean design scheme.The amenities were fantastic. Beautiful pool area, great bar and food, and walking distance to many shops, restaurants and bars. The staff was attentive prompt and friendly. Staying here made for an unforgettable Vancouver vacation and if we get to venture here again in the future we will be back at the Fairmont for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Congratulations and thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim as your post cruise destination. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the amenities such as the rooftop pool, and The Lobby Lounge. Our team will be delighted to hear your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back during your future travels to Vancouver.

Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President,Pacific Northwest

Write a ReviewReviews (3,182)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in the Fairmont Gold section for three nights in February 2013 at the end of our ski holiday and really had an amazing time, in fact, we could not have asked for a better way to end our trip to Canada. The room and Gold lounge were fantastic and the staff could not do more to assist. We were fortunate to be upgraded to an amazing suite too! A special mention must go to the hotel concierge team, in particular David and Elizabeth who really went the extra mile both before our arrival (we contacted the concierge team for assistance ahead of our stay) and during our stay too: Being a keen runner I contacted the hotel to see whether there was a running guide/buddy service that the team were aware of who I could meet up with during our stay. Step in the great concierge and also keen runner Elizabeth who took me on a wonderful morning run around the famous Vancouver sea wall! Should we visit Vancouver again we will definitely stay at the hotel again and endeavour to enlist Elizabeth's services again!

Room Tip: Fairmont Gold is worth the extra splurge as a treat!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel was an overnight treat. Too bad it was ruined by the self-important parking valet. I will never come here again.

The rest of the experience? The rooms are quite small although nicely decorated. But a lot of hotels fit that bill.

The lounge in the main lobby tries too hard to be cool and was over-crowded. The spa was booked a week in advance and we did this on the spur of the moment.

I'm stressed out and ready to cry. Not exactly my idea of a treat. This is one hotel I can permanently off our list.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank Cantstandbadhotels
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations, and I would invite you to contact me directly at philip.barnes@fairmont.com to discuss in further detail. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love this hotel. It is absolutely goregous! Upon check in the staff upgraded our room to a higher floor and we had such a beautiful view of the water and north shore mountains, The room was very spacious and the bathroom was lovely! My friends and I went to the lobby lounge for a night time drink and it was great! They have live music playing which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel has magnificent beds and linens, great views, genuinely friendly and caring staff, very good gym, great spa with steam/hot-tubs/coolest showers, fabulous location for seawall walking, shopping and access to high quality restaurants.

I slept incredibly well and really enjoyed the views of the seaplanes, mountains and the harbour. I recommend this hotel with two big thumbs up!

Room Tip: I had a direct harbour view, which was truly fabulous with very effective black out drapes for time...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for a weekend in March and we had such a great time, the views from the room were beautiful you could see the mountains and the bay. The room was nice, big, comfortable bed, super clean, and even do the hotel is located on a touristic area we didn’t hear any noise. The bathroom was nice & spacious, the hotel spa is really nice & the breakfast/brunch is fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel; the service was good & the staff very helpful & friendly. We hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stay in many Fairmont Hotels. Pacific Rim is a favorite. It is new and high tech. The restaurant Oru is awesome. Most importantly, the service is extraordinary. When the cab dropped my off last night the bellman got my bag from the trunk. By the time I paid the cab driver he had my key and check-in materials. He found my name on my bag.
I will stay here every time I visit Vancouver and I recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business