“Great stay!”

Ranked #2 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
London
“Great stay!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in the Fairmont Gold section for three nights in February 2013 at the end of our ski holiday and really had an amazing time, in fact, we could not have asked for a better way to end our trip to Canada. The room and Gold lounge were fantastic and the staff could not do more to assist. We were fortunate to be upgraded to an amazing suite too! A special mention must go to the hotel concierge team, in particular David and Elizabeth who really went the extra mile both before our arrival (we contacted the concierge team for assistance ahead of our stay) and during our stay too: Being a keen runner I contacted the hotel to see whether there was a running guide/buddy service that the team were aware of who I could meet up with during our stay. Step in the great concierge and also keen runner Elizabeth who took me on a wonderful morning run around the famous Vancouver sea wall! Should we visit Vancouver again we will definitely stay at the hotel again and endeavour to enlist Elizabeth's services again!

Room Tip: Fairmont Gold is worth the extra splurge as a treat!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel was an overnight treat. Too bad it was ruined by the self-important parking valet. I will never come here again.

The rest of the experience? The rooms are quite small although nicely decorated. But a lot of hotels fit that bill.

The lounge in the main lobby tries too hard to be cool and was over-crowded. The spa was booked a week in advance and we did this on the spur of the moment.

I'm stressed out and ready to cry. Not exactly my idea of a treat. This is one hotel I can permanently off our list.

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank Cantstandbadhotels
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations, and I would invite you to contact me directly at philip.barnes@fairmont.com to discuss in further detail. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love this hotel. It is absolutely goregous! Upon check in the staff upgraded our room to a higher floor and we had such a beautiful view of the water and north shore mountains, The room was very spacious and the bathroom was lovely! My friends and I went to the lobby lounge for a night time drink and it was great! They have live music playing which was a nice touch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel has magnificent beds and linens, great views, genuinely friendly and caring staff, very good gym, great spa with steam/hot-tubs/coolest showers, fabulous location for seawall walking, shopping and access to high quality restaurants.

I slept incredibly well and really enjoyed the views of the seaplanes, mountains and the harbour. I recommend this hotel with two big thumbs up!

Room Tip: I had a direct harbour view, which was truly fabulous with very effective black out drapes for time...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for a weekend in March and we had such a great time, the views from the room were beautiful you could see the mountains and the bay. The room was nice, big, comfortable bed, super clean, and even do the hotel is located on a touristic area we didn’t hear any noise. The bathroom was nice & spacious, the hotel spa is really nice & the breakfast/brunch is fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel; the service was good & the staff very helpful & friendly. We hope to come back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stay in many Fairmont Hotels. Pacific Rim is a favorite. It is new and high tech. The restaurant Oru is awesome. Most importantly, the service is extraordinary. When the cab dropped my off last night the bellman got my bag from the trunk. By the time I paid the cab driver he had my key and check-in materials. He found my name on my bag.
I will stay here every time I visit Vancouver and I recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

What's not good to say about this hotel?! Everything was perfect from the location, to the rooms, to the outstanding service. The hotel gives free service rides to dinners, etc in BMW's! The hotel is right on the water and next to the best sushi places ever, "Miku." The concierge even got us reservations to the Cactus Club, which does not even take reservations. We are ordinary people, but were treated like a King and Queen. Awesome hotel and lobby bar!

• Stayed April 2013