Fairmont Pacific Rim
$315
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
$408
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$156
  • Breakfast included
$304
Travelocity
3,308 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorlobby loungeoru restaurantwillow stream spagiovane cafebmw bikesstanley parkhigh techgold floorcar serviceconvention centercanada placeroom servicebeautiful hotelsoaker tubcorner suitecoal harbour
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I try to always stay at Fairmont hotels. The service is unbeatable and the hotels themselves are almost always lovely. This hotel tops them all, (except for the newest Fairmont hotel in Beijing, which is in a class of it's own).
The staff was excellent, despite a poor start of my room not being ready on time. I had to wait for over an hour and no concession was made to be (IE a cup of tea in the lobby after 9 hours of travel would have been nice)
I was escorted to my room, shown the security features (excellent) and welcomed. I had upgraded to a suite and it was absolutely lovely.
THe location is perfect for anyone visiting the conference centre across the street (there is a tunnel so you don't have to go outside). You can take the subway train straight from the airport ($3.75!!!) and arrive 3 blocks away. When I was leaving, the doorman drove me to the station!
The only downside was the in-house restaurant. Located on the 2nd floor the ambience was excellent but the food was very poor quality and selection. This is quite strange as Fairmonts always have a terrific high end restaurant. Other reviews on Tripadvisor for the restaurant say the same thing. Fortunately, there are many places to dine downtown.
Overall, the wow factor at this new hotel is high. Kids of all ages will be delighted with the TV in the bathroom mirror!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim to be part of your travel plans. We certainly value your feedback, and have communicated to our team who are investigating the situation further. I would invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your feedback. Please feel free to contact me by email at Randy.Zupanski@Fairmont.com. All of us at the Fairmont Pacific Rim look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Along w/my wife and two kids (ages 11 & 9), we stayed at the Fairmont Pac Rim for several nights on the back end of our trip to Whistler. We typically have pretty high expectations at hotels, being frequent guests at various Four Seasons, Pennisula's & Ritz Hotels/Resorts around the U.S. And let me tell you, the Pac Rim rivaled them all. We had the Pool Suite on the 7th floor overlooking the pool/hot tub area...had a large balcony with our own fire place. We would definitely recommend this room/setup. The room was modern and spacious (had a nice kitchenette area with a full size refridg/microwave/sink, and it was absolutely one of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in. The closest hotel I can compare the room to style/comfort-wise is the Trump Hotel in Soho NYC that I stayed in. I can't imagine a better location for a hotel if you're visiting Vancouver. It's right on the water/bay area, near Gastown, Stanley Park and shopping areas. Service was excellent all the way around, from the bell person to the valet, etc . They turned down the sofabed for our kids without asking (which isn't normally the case at other hotels). Overall, our experience was excellent, and we would definitely stay here again. I would definitely rank this as one of the top 2-3 hotels we've ever stayed at. Enjoy - you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the pool suites in the West Wing
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I travel far and wide for business 8 - 10 time per year managing casinos. However, I am currently having a nice stay here at the Fairmont. Its my second time and this time is by far the best of the two. I am here for another 4 weeks so I do hope they are as comfortable as this week has been!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for is the advice I offer!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2011

All the female waiting staff in the lobby bar are stunning models in black dresses, just like in the Cactus Club and Joey Bentall One, both on Burrard St. Went to Vancouver for a conference. We had a great room with harbour view, that was really big and lots of marble in the bathroom. A huge bath and a nice shower. Quiet rooms. Easy to sleep. Huge comfortable bed. It rained all week and the hotel really kept our spirits high with a lovely treat on the last evening with a plate of fruit and Petit fours. The i-pod style buttons to adjust the curtains, privacy notice, clean room notice, and the lighting are a nice modern touch but not helpful for the visually impaired. The staff at the desk was always welcoming and cheerful and the complementary car took us through the rain to our restaurant with a nice chat about the area. We even had the option of phoning to be taken back. We did not have breakfast included in our deal but we did have Giovane, a cafe connected to the hotel that does take out and eat in. Good coffee and nice toasted sandwiches with a fresh fruit salad. Also the cinnamon bun was a good alternative to savoury. The sandwich and fruit salad were half the price of a typical hotel breakfast. The maid was excellent and laid out the our own toiletries that we had not put away onto a face cloth, in a comforting obsessive compulsive manner :-) that signalled he/she paid attention to detail. Stunning views of the Pacific and the mountains when the clouds cleared. Drawbacks: live music every evening was to loud for us to want a quiet drink downstairs in the lobby. We headed off to Joey's on Burrard St instead. No free internet- not good if you want to check into your flight. I don't really want to beg the staff downstairs to do this.

Room Tip: Great hotel - get the view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2011

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. We value your feedback and will ensure your comments are communicated to our team. We are currently in the process of updating our light fixtures to have larger print to ensure ease of use by our guests. We also recommend enrollment in our Fairmont President’s Club loyalty program, which provides you with complimentary internet in your guestroom when staying at any Fairmont property, worldwide. Enrollment is complimentary and can be done by visiting our website. All of us at the Fairmont Pacific Rim look forward to your return in the very near future!

Reviewed April 6, 2011

The service at this Hotel is exceptional from arrival to departure they make it easy and enjoyable ----The Lobby Lounge has live music (excellent ) Very comfortable beds--beautiful view of Harbour ---simply THE BEST HOTEL in Vancouver oh and the restaurant for breakfast or dinner is very good

Room Tip: short walk to gas town
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fairmont Pacific Rim and are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy the Lobby Lounge and the live entertainment during your visit! All of us at the Fairmont Pacific Rim look forward to your return in the very near future!