“Coast Coal Harbour - First Time Stay/Visit”

Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great hotel, convenient located in downtown, close to grocery, Stanley park, pharmacy, and bus stop. Nice rooms, friendly staff...always accommodating. Not far from Robson Street; give this hotel a try if you never stayed here...family was very happy with our stay of 4 nights.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank 151ashaf
Write a ReviewReviews (2,342)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night before leaving on an Alaskan cruise. We choose the hotel based on location and price (and also TripAdvisor reviews).
It was a great choice - our room was very comfortable and we had a view of the harbor (between the building across the street). The staff were very friendly and we were able to take a walk along the waterfront in the morning before we left.
All in all a very pleasant way to start our vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank DMMS_12
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Coast Coal for 4 nights, from May 31 - June 4. As soon as we walked into the hotel, we were greeted by the Front Desk staff. There was no lineup so we were able to check-in immediately. The lady who served us seemed genuinely friendly. She went above and beyond by providing us a map of downtown Vancouver. She highlighted places to see and places to avoid. Our room was on the 17th floor facing Eastward. Looking out the window, we had a blended view of Condos, the Mountain, trees, and sunrise or sunset. The room was streamlined, clean and sufficient for our needs. The bed was comfortable and linens were crisp an clean. A coffee maker was available with Starbucks coffee. In the washroom, big bottles of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were provided. In addition, the newspaper was delivered to our door every morning. The location of the hotel was walking distance from the habour, the Convention Centre, dining, and shopping areas. Overall, I was overly satisfied staying at Coast Coal Harbour and would stay here again on my next visit to Vancouver.

6  Thank Jane W
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our family came to Vancouver for my daughter's graduation and decided to stay right in the heart of the City. What a great location and hotel, very clean & very close to all the amenities...We had a great stay and enjoyed some fine dinning.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Brian L
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Really impressed with the quality of this Coast hotel. Immaculate rooms (compliments to the cleaning staff) and extremely helpful staff on the reception. Ron showed us to our room and he was so helpful in giving us tips on places to visit during our stay. The location was fantastic, just a short walk away from the harbour and Stanley Park. All in all a great hotel with great staff in a great location.

5  Thank ChippenhamWoodies
Reviewed June 15, 2014

After an excellent week at the coast coal harbour I decided to complete the customer feedback form sent to me via e-mail which I must admit is not something I normally do as they often seem very impersonal and I have often wondered if anyone reads the comments. I had given the hotel an excellent rating for almost everything, in the comments I mentioned how well the reception staff dealt with a small problem I had with the bill when we checked out.
I was pleasantly surprised to receive an personal e mail from the front office manager the next day thanking me for filling in the feedback form and apologising again for the small problem. I this just goes to show that they really do care about their customers experience at the hotel.

7  Thank jd56
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Coast Coal Harbour for a conference June 1 - June 6.
The hotel is very close to the Convention Centre, downtown and numerous great restaurants. We stayed in a Superior room. The room was clean, comfortable and has modern amenities. Above all, the hotel staff were excellent, they were friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business