“One Night in Vancouver”

Ranked #19 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Burlington, Vermont
“One Night in Vancouver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night before leaving on an Alaskan cruise. We choose the hotel based on location and price (and also TripAdvisor reviews).
It was a great choice - our room was very comfortable and we had a view of the harbor (between the building across the street). The staff were very friendly and we were able to take a walk along the waterfront in the morning before we left.
All in all a very pleasant way to start our vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank DMMS_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Coast Coal for 4 nights, from May 31 - June 4. As soon as we walked into the hotel, we were greeted by the Front Desk staff. There was no lineup so we were able to check-in immediately. The lady who served us seemed genuinely friendly. She went above and beyond by providing us a map of downtown Vancouver. She highlighted places to see and places to avoid. Our room was on the 17th floor facing Eastward. Looking out the window, we had a blended view of Condos, the Mountain, trees, and sunrise or sunset. The room was streamlined, clean and sufficient for our needs. The bed was comfortable and linens were crisp an clean. A coffee maker was available with Starbucks coffee. In the washroom, big bottles of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were provided. In addition, the newspaper was delivered to our door every morning. The location of the hotel was walking distance from the habour, the Convention Centre, dining, and shopping areas. Overall, I was overly satisfied staying at Coast Coal Harbour and would stay here again on my next visit to Vancouver.

6 Thank Jane W
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our family came to Vancouver for my daughter's graduation and decided to stay right in the heart of the City. What a great location and hotel, very clean & very close to all the amenities...We had a great stay and enjoyed some fine dinning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

6 Thank Brian L
Chippenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Really impressed with the quality of this Coast hotel. Immaculate rooms (compliments to the cleaning staff) and extremely helpful staff on the reception. Ron showed us to our room and he was so helpful in giving us tips on places to visit during our stay. The location was fantastic, just a short walk away from the harbour and Stanley Park. All in all a great hotel with great staff in a great location.

5 Thank ChippenhamWoodies
billericay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

After an excellent week at the coast coal harbour I decided to complete the customer feedback form sent to me via e-mail which I must admit is not something I normally do as they often seem very impersonal and I have often wondered if anyone reads the comments. I had given the hotel an excellent rating for almost everything, in the comments I mentioned how well the reception staff dealt with a small problem I had with the bill when we checked out.
I was pleasantly surprised to receive an personal e mail from the front office manager the next day thanking me for filling in the feedback form and apologising again for the small problem. I this just goes to show that they really do care about their customers experience at the hotel.

7 Thank jd56
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Coast Coal Harbour for a conference June 1 - June 6.
The hotel is very close to the Convention Centre, downtown and numerous great restaurants. We stayed in a Superior room. The room was clean, comfortable and has modern amenities. Above all, the hotel staff were excellent, they were friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

8 Thank Prince D
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at the Coastal Coal Harbour June 1 - June 3rd for a conference. The location was great for walking back and forth to the Convention Centre. I was also happy to see many new restaurants had popped up since the last time I visited. A very short walk, there is Urban Fare, which is a great place to grab your breakfast or a picnic if you have some leisure time. Also in short walking distance is shopping. The waterfront is now a very vibrant beautiful place to visit. Very clean area. The hotel was very clean and friendly as well. No complaints on the room, it was well maintained and comfortable with all the amenities necessary. The staff was also very friendly and welcoming. The seemed like they really cared about their guests. I was also impressed with the hotel's awareness of the environment and their effort to conserve. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JennLAnd
Kathryn M, Manager at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear JennLand,

Thanks for your review. You have described the area and hotel amenities so well and it is wonderful to read at how well our Coast Coal Harbour ambassadors represented the city....truly as Local Ambassadors.
If you would like to reach out to me personally, I would love to hear what we could do to ensure that your stay was reflective of a 5 star rating during your next stay with us.

Warm regards,