“Very impressed”

Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

In Vancouver on business. Awesome views and great location. The room and facility exceeded my expectations. I didn't try the restaurant but it looked cool and funky (definitely worth trying if traveling with my spouse - I ate across the street at the urban fare market which was great for a more casual vibe for being on my own). I was really impressed at the genuine and evident commitment of the Coast to reducing their environmental footprint which is important to my organization and me. I highly recommend the Coast Coal Harbour.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Kathryn M, Manager at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Pomojack,
Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel.
Your observations regarding our restaurant, Preston's, are correct. It is a refreshingly local dining experience and we invite you to check us out when you return.
Please come again soon.
K

Write a ReviewReviews (2,282)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have never stayed at a Coast Hotel before and I was pleasantly surprised! I arrived late in the evening and Rachel checked me in and was incredibly friendly and helpful. I asked if I could have a harbour view and she juggled things around to accommodate.

The room was nice clean and modern and I had a great view! I did use the business center to print some documents and it was very well equipped.

Overall a very nice hotel and I would go out of my way to stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MADMAC3

Dear Madmac3,
Thank you for your great comments. As a first time visitor to the Coast Coal Harbour, we are thrilled to hear that your experience will encourage you to stay with us again and has gained your travel loyalty with out brand.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Great room, parking or breakfast included in great rate,(typical parking downtown Vancouver for overnight is $40) upgraded us to a corner room on upper floor with Harbour view. Room is spaciousI (300 Sq. Ft.) with modern lav. Very quite and complimentary Starbucks Coffee. A great short or long term option for downtown Vancouver vacation or business. PS. Free wifi in room.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jason E

Dear Jason E,
You have posted great comments about your stay with us, thank you very much for those. We would also love to hear how we could have achieved a five point rating, or how to achieve that in the future. Please feel free to contact us directly.
Enjoy your travels.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Been a long time since I stayed at a Coast hotel, but I will be coming back. Nice clean modern hotel. Beautiful rooms. Amazing staff. All around great experience. The breakfast in the hotel was also great (the restaurant is called Preston's) but a couple of minor niggles regarding some special requests that were not met and some curdled milk/cream for the coffee. However overall experience was a 9/10 and would have been 10 but for minor issues at restaurant. Me: I stay in hotels for business between 12-20 times annually for the last 12-13 years.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water - a bit of a tight view through office buildings but worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank suburbansnob
Kathryn M, Manager at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Suburbansnob,
Thank you for your comments on our hotel and restaurant. I have followed up with the team in Prestons regarding your F&B feedback and I apologize that it wasn't perfect for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Coast Coal Harbour. My husband's company held their annual Christmas party in one of the banquet rooms and it was wonderful! The view was gorgeous! The hotel itself was beautifully decorated for the season, the staff so professional and helpful. Food at the buffet was plentiful, hot and delicious!
This is going to become an annual tradition for my husband and I!

Room Tip: Go straight to the top! 20th floor was amazing! Ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie R
Kathryn M, Manager at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Debbie R,

Thank you for allowing us to host your holiday celebrations. These are the kinds of traditions we love to be a part of.
Hopefully there will be occasions for you to join us again before your party next year and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is great, view of Stanley park just beautiful, resturant in hotel is delicious
Love this hotel.
. Then the next day went to Stanley park .
I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting vancouver.

Room Tip: Avoid the room close to elevator
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blonde1201

Dear Blonde1201,
Thank you for your wonderful comments surrounding your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

A birthday gift from my wife and it hit all the spots.Thanks to Salomon for the extra touch for my birthday .

Hotel modern and fresh. Small space but in downtown close to all. Waking distance to all of my to do lists. Everyone at hotel was professional.

Room Tip: Nice choice ....ask for 16 floor view...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dgntexas
Kathryn M, Manager at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear dgntexas,
Thank you for writing your positive travel feedback for us to review. I would love an opportunity to discuss with you what would move that 4 point rating to a 5 point rating. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you would like to share specific growth opportunities from your stay.
All the best.