“Welcome to our home”

Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed November 18, 2013

From the time I arrived to the time left 2 days later, my experience was nothing less than warm welcoming with a high emphasis on attention to detail. This hotel demonstrated what I would expect at a high end luxury resort. I can honestly say I have stayed at numerous hotel around the world and this hotel hit the mark on each and every opportunity they could. Thank you I look forward to staying with you in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dale P
Kathryn M, Manager at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Dale P,
It is such a delight to read the title of your review. We do take pride in our physical product, but loyalty is only driven through our guest experiences created by our ambassadors for our guests. I am thrilled to hear that our team made the difference for you!
I look forward to reading this review to them and sharing it with all as an example of why we do what we do.
Please come back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,321)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Coast Coal Harbour, it is a great place to stay and relax. Everything you need is within a couple of blocks. This hotel has valet parking only, my parking was included in my room rate as part of a deal. I really appreciated this though as parking downtown can not only be hard to find but quit expensive.It was also nice t know that my vehicle was in a parkade that had extremely limited access by staff so it was quite safe at night.
The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was exceptionally clean. Very quiet hotel so I slept like a baby.
The room was a tad smaller than what I am used to but this one was a special promo booking so it was probably a standard room. It was double and I think it would have been tight for more than two people with suitcases and everything.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Avocet_9,
Thank you so much for you wonderful feedback about you stay here. I will share this with our team and keep my fingers crossed that every traveller reads your report.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I reserved a room for a night for my son's wedding but gave it to me two nieces to stay in. I asked for two beds but got a room with a queen size bed instead. There was no time to ask for a room change. My two nieces are adults who have not seen each other for a few years. It was embarrassing for them, I'm sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heisrisen2

Hello Heisrisen2,
Congratulations on your son's recent nuptials, I hope you had an exceptional day. My apologies that we were not able to fulfill your room type request. Understanding that you did not have time on such an important day to request the correction, please be assured that we would have done everything we could have to make your nieces comfortable given the opportunity.
I hope that you will give us another chance to create a better experience in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I booked this room for a special night in Vancouver in mind. I was able to receive a sizable government discount, and as such, opted for the corner king bed suite. The room was not as big as I had expected, but it was indeed quite nice. Everything was very modern looking. The bathroom was quite spacious, luxurious, and contained a relatively large bath tub, separate from the shower. The view from the room was a little less exciting than I expected, with only a sliver of the harbour viewable. However, the balcony did look onto the city, and had a table and chairs already set up which made for a perfect spot for midnight drinks. The staff were amazing. They were extremely helpful when we checked in, and were right at our door when we requested some more ice over the phone. In the morning, they happily extended our check out time with no problems at all. Overall, it was a great experience. The room was a little smaller than what I expected for the money, but it was laid out well enough that you never seemed to notice. I would happily stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone wishing for a great nights stay.

Room Tip: If you request the harbour view room, you will only see a sliver of it from your room, and the balco...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Benzer2,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review for us. I'm happy to hear that you loved us and that our ambassadors really made the difference.
Your recommendation is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Everything was great from check in to check out!

The rooms were clean, bright and most importantly quiet!
Nice modern bathroom, good choice of colors and art. I loved the outdoor hot tub and pool...in my opinion a must in a place like Vancouver!
I had a dream of a sleep not waking up once! Breakfast downstairs was underwhelming at best. It was $16 for a standard two egg breakfast, that had cold potatoes and fruit that wasn't tasteful at all. But, besides that a great stay!!! Can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: I had room 911, and it was prefect!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hello Angela,
A great sleep allows our guests to make the most of our fabulous city, so I'm happy to hear yours was a 10. Your feedback about breakfast has been followed up on and we are being diligent to ensure that our potato's are hot and our fruit is flavourful.
Thank you so much. It is only through feedback such as this that we can continue to grow and strive for excellence.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Your front office staff member, Caitlin, was exceptional. Her genuine desire to be hospitable to us was quite evident in her helpful hints to see Vancouver in a day, restaurants, shopping, etc.
Congratulations on having such a fine staff member!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello Margie,
Thank you for your review. Hearing wonderful feedback about one of our leaders specifically by name is such a gift. I will thank Caitlynn for her making such an impact.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great stay with the hotel, staff were all extreamly friendly, helpful and very happy and willing to do anything they could. Hotel had a costume party that night which was fun to come back to and see and the wierd adn wonderful costumes.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the King room is worth the minor extra charge...high the floor the better the view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dwayne A

Hello Dwayne,
Thank you for your review! We love to hear about something fun and unique that our guests experience.
Come back soon.