“the best view in vancouver...”

Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed September 21, 2012

ask for room 1910... a corner room with floor to ceiling windows with an incredible view.... same view as the Westin Bayshore but without the hefty price... nice clean room, tasteful muted decor,verry comfy bed... i would stay there again....

Room Tip: corner rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,324)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I will preface this by stating that I felt the staff at this hotel was very nice and accomodating. My problem was with the rooms. I showed up and they upgraded me to a room with a balcony - while in theory this sounds good, in reality is it not. The problem with the balconys is they butt right up to the other room next to it with a balcony. So you can hear the neighbors very well - too well. I asked to move rooms.

They then put me in a 'regular' room - and to be kind, this was basically a Holiday Inn type room. There was no couch, no desk, and it just felt dumpy. I stayed one night and left. It is ridicoloulsly overpriced for a room of this quality. I seriously paid $40 more and stayed at Four Seasons rest of trip, which obviously is much nicer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AdamLoewy
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first time to Vancouver and I am so glad I picked Coast Coal Harbour. Convenient to Stanley Park, the Convention, Downtown, everything! Staff was incredibly friendly and kind. Appliances were great and TVs were huge. My room had a nice sitting area with an incredible view. Loved the hotel's commitment to the environment. Bed linens were good quality and nicely pressed. Good storage and all the amenities you would need -- iron, hair dryer, toiletries, coffee maker etc. Plenty of outlets. I had 2 breakfasts and one dinner at Prestons, the restaurant in the hotel and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend the Coast Coal Harbour in Vancouver and am looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank eastcoastgirl11
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we left we were taken care of. Every single staff member was polite and happy to accommodate us. I really enjoyed walking into our room and seeing a nice view right away. The art work was pleasant. Tv was a little small but we never used it anyway. Everything was very clean and had a sharp finish. Bathroom was beautiful! Love the counter top. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Almost as good as mine at home! Had such a good sleep on that bed.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is very attractive in its design, being bright, spacious and modern. We were very pleased with our room which was tastefully furnished and immaculately clean. The bed linens were very good quality and crisply ironed. There was ample storage space for clothes, and the bathroom was spacious, modern and - again - very clean. We had dinner and breakfast at Prestons, the restaurant in the hotel, and were delighted with the quality of the food and the excellent service. In fact, the staff throughout the hotel excelled in professional, friendly, and effective service. We definitely recommend the Coast Harbour in Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed 3 nights on business and was treated very well by the staff, had a good breakfast daily in the restaurant, and had a nice, clean room. Location was great. I would not hesitate to stay there again when traveling to Vancouver.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The Coast Coal was our first destination after a 10 hour flight. It was perfect - the lady at reception was welcoming, friendly and had good knowledge of the area. The room was spacious, modern and immaculate. The location is fantastic, a short walk down to the harbor in a lovely part of the city.

We had a great stay at the Coast Coal Harbor hotel and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012