Very comfortable stay at Coast Coal. We got a deal through hotwire, where it came up to about $156/ night after taxes. Which isn't too bad for a 4 star hotel in downtown Vancouver. The hotel has a modern touch and the customer service was excellent.
- Great location; right by the water downtown
- Free WIFI
- There is a gym; as well as pool and hot tub
- Amazing customer service; EVERYONE was soo polite and helpful. One of the front desk staff was nice enough to give us free passes to Caprice nightclub
- Room is a bit on the small side; beds were small as well.
- Room service/ restaurant was ridiculously pricey imo
- No fridge in the room
- The room we were placed in had the most horrible view; right opposite an office building. We were literally looking at people at work. Not sure maybe this is because we booked through hotwire? and were given the crappy option!?
- You need a hotel room fob to use the elevators [Although some might see this as a positive for security reasons; I found it a bit inconvenient]
All in all Coast Coal is worth it if you can get a good price deal. But what really impressed me was their awesome customer service; and I would definitely stay there again for this reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming and spacious, the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA is New Urban Style Hotel concept that combines city sophistication with West Coast comfort. It's fresh, it's modern, and it has Vancouver at its doorstep with the best of everything the city has to offer. Places like Stanley Park, Gastown, the Vancouver Art Gallery, Vancouver Convention Centre and the shopping district of Robson Street. The Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA is an urban retreat in downtown Vancouver. With 20 storey's boasting 220 modern, spacious guest rooms and all the amenities you've come to expect from Coast Hotels. Each of the guest rooms at our downtown Vancouver hotel features floor-to-ceiling windows, Electric Bidet Seat(TOTO(R) Washlet), 55" flat screen TVs and traditional welcoming origami cranes, a symbol of hospitality. These high quality amenities are signature features of APA Hotel in Japan and unique to APA's Urban Style Hotel concept. Our rooms come with complimentary wireless Internet and a range of modern amenities. You'll also have access to our top-notch fitness center, pool and hot tub-not to mention our signature Prestons Restaurant + Lounge, the perfect spot to drink, dine and dish about your Vancouver experience. A 5,000 square foot ballroom and conference centre includes 20-foot-high north-facing windows accented by coloured glass, creating a bright and airy environment. Private boardrooms, business centre, fully equipped gym with locker room, and a landscaped roof deck with an outdoor lap pool and hot tub have been designed with your comfort in mind. We encourage you to come visit one of the newest hotels in downtown Vancouver. And to enjoy the best that our city has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.