“Good choice, good location”

Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA
Ranked #19 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Edmonton, Canada
“Good choice, good location”
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Spent one night here during a trip to Vancouver. Booked on a third party website and got a great deal. Check in was pretty efficient, rooms were clean, modern, bright. Comfortabel beds, nice modern bathroom, flat screen TV.
Service in teh restaurant for brekafast was tardy and the coffee was average.
Overall for teh price I paid, $110 per night, thi swas a great deal in a really convenient location for the sky train/transit

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2011

The room was spacious and had very lovely decor in shades of light green and blue which made the room very restful. The bathroom was modern, and towels and toiletries were plentiful -- lovey plush robes. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the best pillows that I have ever experienced. The hotel is located very near to the waterfront walkway...you can walk to Stanley Park in about 20 minutes -- very nice! The hotel was very quiet...I did not hear a sound from the other rooms. The staff were helpful, efficient, and very nice. Free wireless a plus! I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
London
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in spring, largely because we found such a good rate on-line. The hotel is large, brand new and very professional. Staff were welcoming and friendly and went out of their way to give us restaurant recommendations etc. Rooms were very large and spacious with good facilities. Location was fab - right in downtown Vancouver which made everywhere walkable. Our issue is that it is a corporate business hotel. There was nothing cosy or characterful about it. The beds were comfy and we had a good night's sleep (apart from the noisy housekeeping staff in the morning) but we didn't look forward to going back there and would certainly not have had a night in. Restaurant was average to poor. Great for business travellers though.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My company had rented 20 rooms at this hotel in March due to a convention. Overall the room was very comfortable, very clean, excellent mattress, bedding and pillow. I was very well rested after a long day of work.
I was staying in a room with a peek-a-poo sea view. Unfortunately I can not enjoy because there is a big office building right across the street and people were still working at night. With my room lights on, I believe they can see through the tinted glass at night. I have to keep my curtain close at all time. No privacy..
Limited dinner food choices in the restaurant but dinner was tasty.
The biggest complaint was the breakfast room service. It arrived late and after I signed for the bill and paid a tips. I found out they had sent me two orders and charge me for both (I should have read closely before signing anything next time). I returned one order and then found out there was no sausages which they charged for. I told them I was running really late from work and asked to cancel the order but they insisted to make the sausage. Due to the breakfast problem. I was late to work that caused me some trouble. I double check the final bill and realized that they decided to keep a $3 tips. (note: not the sur charge for room service). Later on that day, I found out it happened to a couple of my friends from the other rooms too.
Concierge service was excellent. Check in staffs were very professional. Except one lady on my check out was not friendly ,robotic and cold.
For $200 per night, I expected a better service. I like this hotel. Hoping these concerns can be improve.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My husband has very special needs. The hotel met and exceeded all our needs.
The Staff from the Bell Staff to the Front Desk asked if they could do anything to make our stay better. The Bathroom had all the features required in a Handicap Washroom and was roomy and easy to manoeuver in.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed one night in February 2011. Given the location the hotel offers spectacular views across the water to Grouse Mountain from the floor to ceiling windows in the room. We used the overnight parking and valet service and while it was spendy at $35 per night the service was swift and courteous. Since our stay covered only a Sunday evening we didn't really see other guests in the lobby or using the elevator which added a nice level of privacy to our stay. The reception staff was GREAT, super friendly, answered all our questions about the area and gave us a couple of tips on where to eat diner and breakfast.

The only problems we had were both related to the room. First as a couple we we given a room with two queen beds instead of one king -- we thought about going back to reception as asking for a change but the room was so generous in size we just looked at the queen bed as a chance to snuggle closer. The other problem was the house keeping staff. We'd nearly fallen asleep during a later afternoon nap and we're rudely woken up by housekeeping knocking on the door, opening the door, and then stepping into the room. Both of us kept saying "room occupied" "come back later" and after a couple minutes housekeeping stepped back out of the room and closed the door behind them. Ammenties in room we're great, plenty of light, an alarm clock/radio with iPhone docking, generous sized bath tub, great water pressure in the shower, high quality toiletries, coffee/tea/coco maker, free wi-fi, comfortable bed. We never turned the TV on but the room had a wall mounted flat screen that I would guess to be 30+ inches across.

Would we stay again? If we found a favorable rate probably.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Spent four nights here over Spring Break with the family and we all really enjoyed the hotel. The rooms are very nice, with a very modern updated look to them and free wifi. The staff is very courteous and go out of their way to be helpful with advice about restaurants and attractions. The location is good but not great. A lot of attractions are somewhat close but I think most people whill still need to cab it, especially if there's a threat of rain. We certainly drove with two little kids in tow. The biggest hit was the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub. I know what you're thinking. Outdoors in Canada in March? Well unlike many hotels, when they say heated pool, they really do mean heated pool! We were very comfortable swimming outdoors in 50F weather. One of my highlights was meeting all the fellow travelers at the hot tub! You just don't get the same atmosphere indoors. The only negative I can think of is the outrageous $37 a day parking fee. Granted, I don't know if it's any better anywhere else downtown but I was taken aback. It was literally about half the cost of my room on hotwire!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family