“Exquisite culinary experience!”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My first experience with the Banana Leaf did not disappoint! I dined with a group of 17 and we chose the set menu Sampler ($33 per person). What a deal! We were served 10 courses, all of them awesome, but my favourites were the steamed mussels in ginger and cumin coconut sauce and the Kum Heong lobster.
Our service was excellent. We ate in the back room and the only complaint would be the terrible acoustics which made the room very loud...not an issue for our party but could be for those at the smaller tables at the back of the room.
This restaurant is great value!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I often make detours to come to this restaurant as we thoroughly enjoy their food, service and decor. One of our frequent choices when it is just the two of us, is to order the Tasting Menu for 2. At approximately $28/person, you get 3 appetizer dishes, sample sizes (almost personal size) portions of 4 main dishes, and dessert. We always leave with leftovers and the variety that we get with the tasting menu is truly satisfying.

Many of the other dishes are also great, such as the pineapple fried rice, the special chicken and the laksa. All well-presented and delicious, this is a place I highly recommend.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We fly into Vancouver regularly as it is one of the only cities we can connect to other flights. We rent a car and head to the Banana Leaf for lunch or supper. The food is always great. The service is wonderfuland the specials are surprizing and delicious.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food was great and reasonably priced. The staff was friendly. We will definitely come back again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Being a vegetarian, I was skeptical of what I would get. But got pleasantly surprised that I ate to my fill and great service

1  Thank Darewalk