“Very decent veg, best in neighborhood!”

3G Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #683 of 3,871 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and always had good luck. I really enjoy their thick soups and those little 'chicken' drumsticks. All veggie and rice dishes are decent especially once I add chilli oil to them. Very nice staff.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Today Sunday April 22nd 2013 we decided to go to the 3G in Cambie village because 2 friends who are conaisseurs of vegan food recommended to us one of my friends is the owner of the vegan pizza house, we liked it very much, the staff was kind, the food came on average faster than in other restaurants and the facilities were clean, there was a high chair for our 13 month old baby girl and the gentleman who serve us suggested to sit her close to the wall so he could put every dish far away form her I appreciated when people are that gentle. The food was very good one thing that I don't like about the asian restaurants that dominated the city is that most of the time especially if you go late on a Sunday the food taste like they recycle the oil too many times, I have studied enology and I can smell and taste every ingredient on a dish I can tell you that the ingredients in this place were fresh, this is definitively a great choice for vegans, vegetarians and also for people on a SAD lifestyle, great variety of choices and flavours. We enjoyed the tranquility of the space and the overall cleanliness and also their patience since my daughter is learning how to eat I almost feel embarrassed because she dropped so many pieces of food on the floor and even proposed the waitress to help cleaning it, she just smile and said don't worry Ma'm, and not because of the tip since since my husband has already paid, so we truly enjoy it. We had the vegetarian chicken drumstick fried with pepper and salt taste like chicken but better those are so yummy, the mixed vegetables baked in portuguese sauce, the fried rice noodle with vegetables in thai style and the sweet and sour veggie chicken for the 4 items and 2 beers we paid $59.73 including the taxes the tip we paid it separately it was a little more pricy since we order 2 items each but we think it was worth it. Not a crumb left behind !

1  Thank Fabiola604
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Firstly, I don't get how anyone could label this place as inexpensive. The portions are ridiculously small, and I am a very light eater.

I went here with my husband and daughter to celebrate our anniversary. We went because we're vegan and enjoy going somewhere where we can order freely and not have to worry about what the ingredients are.

When we first entered the restaurant I had to take my young daughter to the washroom. I was disgusted. It was filthy. Hair, urine, toilet paper on the floor. Gross!

I tried to disregard the washroom as best I could but when I sat down, I was really put off by the waitress bringing out our water in grimy coffee mugs that were wet on the outside, half-full and clearly just tap ran. I don't mind tap-water. That's fine. But if you're running a restaurant, shouldn't you at least have some in a pitcher with some ice, or serve with small wedge of lemon? I'm genuinely not a picky person, but this really struck me as lazy.

They also had nothing in the form of a booster seat. This is partially my fault. I should have called first and found out, but I honestly thought that it was standard that a restaurant have at least something for their youngest patrons. The table was unusually tall and when our daughter went to kneel and eat her entire chair flipped sideways on her. It was a very awkward uncomfortable set up.

When we ordered tea, the waitress poured the tea for us and before either of us could stop her, she placed a cup of hot steaming tea in front of our three year old daughter. Who gives tea to a three year old? She reached for it and nearly spilled it all over herself. I was blown away that there wasn't even a moment of hesitation on the part of the waitress to give a three year old freshly boiled tea.

We placed our and it did come quickly.

It was the slimiest, most greasy food I have ever had the unfortunate luck to pay for. The dishes were composed entirely of fake meat, grease, over cooked rice noodles and some form of over boiled, tasteless vegetable.

If you enjoy fake meat, and are the kind of vegetarian that loves to eat fatty deep-friend soy and seitan a lot then this may be the place for you.

I was really just turned off by this place for so many reasons. Vegetarians and Vegans of Vancouver, why oh why do you like this place? Maybe there was something we missed, but it really did seem like instead of creating dishes with spices, herbs, fresh vegetables and fresh ingredients, they relied very heavily on the processed faux-meat and salt.

We left vowing to never, ever return. Worst $50 meal ever.

1  Thank Memie H
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was here for lunch. They offer a good selection of vegetarian dim sum, lunch specials, plus a full menu. Food we ordered were well prepared and was served pretty fast (there was not many people in the restaurant). The waiters/proprietors were nice and friendly too.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I visit 3G at least once a week for both lunch and dinner. The Dim Sum lunch items are delicious, light and very inexpensive. The mock meat they use would fool even the most ravenous carnivore. If you want a delicious Asian meal that won't leave you overfed and short on cash, 3G is the place for you. The owners are very gracious and helpful. You can't go wrong.