“Not Just for Vegetarians!”

3G Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #1,219 of 3,705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Portland, Oregon
“Not Just for Vegetarians!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife cannot eat most Chinese dumplings because of the filling, but she can eat vegetarian ones, and the dumplings at 3G were very good. We also enjoyed a very spicy, but well balanced, hot and sour soup, as well as a stir fried dish with tofu that was excellent. The bits of meat substitute included tasted great, with no artificial flavor or off-texture to distract from the experience.

• Visited October 2011

Vancouver, Canada
“Best veg in Vancouver. Kind staff, clean washroom and great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

I always look forward to eating here. Especially the diakon cakes (AWESOME!), sweet and sour faux meats, and the drum sticks! the drumsticks are amazing. We even had them cater part of our reception. They did great with that too.

As far as Vancouver veggie eateries, this place is one of the very few where the staff are not obnoxious. Really nice people who seem to care and certainly keep the washroom and tables clean. I really can't say that about many veggie places that we have been in the world let alone Vancouver.

Its an odd shade of yellow they have on the walls but not overly lit so the vibe is nice enough. I wish more people went there as I would truly hate to see it close.

We love going here before or after a movie at the Park Theatre, and also a little shopping at Choices across the street.

Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious Vegan Asian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

They serve many styles of Asian food, all vegan, including delicious dim sum every day. They will customize any dish for you.

“I went here recently with a group of friends. The food is ok - but I find Bo Kong to have a lot more variety and to be...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I went here recently with a group of friends. The food is ok - but I find Bo Kong to have a lot more variety and to be a lot more flavoursome. There isn't really any ambience to the restaurant. It has high ceilings and everything seems really loud in there. There wasn't any background music the night I was in there. It just seemed really stark.

Vancouver, Canada
“Slowest service on Cambie Street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

If you are hungry, be prepared to wait.
I dined at 3G Vegetariann Restaurant last week. Three G stands for; Graciousness, Gratefulness, Generostity.

The menu has many items that are Faux meat. As a Vegetarian, this is not an attractive option. I opted for a Sweet Corn Soup, which was tasteless (must explain the large pepper grinder on each table). We had a Vegetable mushroom dish that was excellent and tofu dish that was very spicy and not bad for lots of chopped up medium firm tofu.

One waitress served the restaurant which at the time had six tables of diners. I was giving her 5 more minutes before walking out. The food came in three. We had to wait 45 minutes for our food to arrive. Way too long.

This restaurant is not up to par with Bo Kong on nearby Main Street and 15th Avenue.
Bo Kong is now closed for renovations and will reopen late March early April 2010.