“Good for refreshment”

Ranked #349 of 4,245 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Only had a coffee and beer here to get in out of the rain. But very friendly helpful service, good atmosphere and interesting decor. Recommended.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (57)

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I came here because I wanted to try this place out and I love Italian food. Unfortunately I came on a Thursday evening about 5pm and they said there would be an hour wait for a table in the dining area. That meant we had to eat in the cafe part, which only served pizza. We ordered a pizza and it was fine, but there was nothing amazing about it. The tables are very small, and my experience was overshadowed by my disappointment that I couldn't order food from the restaurant side. I am surprised it was busy so early in the evening. We ordered fresh orange juice which tasted great but came in a small glass. I wouldn't bother coming all the way out to this part of town again - I feel like maybe Vancouver has become so busy and full of people that you have to make reservations everywhere you go... what a shame.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020

After reading articles online about how great this restaurant was I had to try it out for myself. My partner and I went for my birthday dinner and I am so happy we did. The small restaurant is cute and cozy. The food is mouthwatering, both pasta and pizza. During our meal, my partner and I didn’t even speak to each other because the food was too good!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed December 6, 2019

I love this place, a quaint European bistro feeling with delicious authentic Italian baking and pizza, as nice as anything in Rome. All the wait and behind the counter staff are helpful and gracious which add to the convivial vibe. Had only one bad experience, with a man with a pony tail, who bumped into me while replacing some glasses but didn't acknowledge or apologise which was very rude, but otherwise highly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank 171iraz
Reviewed November 23, 2019 via mobile

Great atmosphere, absolutely delicious “sandwich”, good staff...however, the croissant was overpriced, tasted old and flavourless, not like the bakeries in Italy that melt in your mouth with rich taste and freshness. I would stick to the main dishes, that are truly amazing, and get dessert somewhere else. Love the atmosphere of this place ❤️

Date of visit: November 2019