“Good Food, Friendly Staff”
Review of Campagnolo

Campagnolo
Ranked #639 of 3,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had the pizza and cannelloni and have tried the chicken and fish before. Carbs are not the best thing to eat after a fast 10K walk but the thin crust pizza was both filling and very authenticly Italian. The caneloni was a bit light on meat. The chicken and fish were excellent. Although the restaurant was busy the staff were very attentive.

There are newer reviews for Campagnolo

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very nice service, but the food needs some care. The croutons in the salad (an interesting and somewhat surprising mix of greens) were stale and soaked with oil, the breadcrumbs on the asparagus were the same. The asparagus was perfectly cooked though. The cannelloni was nicely flavoured but the pasta wasn't cooked enough - too chewy, and I mean chewy. Reading other reviews I see someone else found the spot prawns mushy. Luckily they were a small part of the rigatoni dish I had, but it's disappointing. The flavour of the dish was fine. Mushy prawns are about the prawns, not about how they are cooked, so they should be asking their suppliers.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I am only commenting on the Spot Prawn Boil - but was rather disappointed in the end. While I enjoyed the time with my friends at the long table, the quality of the food was surprising. More than half the spot prawns I ate where mealy/doughy - when they should have been firm and sweet. I know this can be an issue with larger prawns - but I expected better from the chefs at Campagnolo. Even the andouille sausage felt overcooked/dry. I was also taken back with the number of spawning spot prawns (filled with roe) - which according to the David Suzuki foundation - should have been released at catch - which makes me question the source of the spot prawn. A number of my friends came away still hungry. On the bright side, the beer was good and the rice pudding I had for desert was great. While I don't like posting poor reviews, for the price of the event, our group was very disappointed and will not be returning.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a wonderful family dinner - celebrating a move, as well as month of strict paleo diet. If you know what paleo is, then you know that pizza is not on the list. However, to celebrate we chose Campagnolo and their wonderful pizzas, which followed a very, very substantial platter of salumi - house made of course. The chicken liver pate was the biggest hit, but all were very good, particularly because they were made in house. I found the staff to be knowledgeable and professional. And contrary to the comment by an earlier poster, I did not come away hungry. We were stuffed!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Six adults shared two salads, the salami plate, risotto, cannelloni, chicken dish, pork dish, margarita pizza and gnocchi dishes. Serving sizes are very small (someone mentioned appetizer size) although the food was good. Chicken and pork mains come with nothing else aside from a small garnish. Service was decent although they state that due to kitchen size not all plates will arrive at the same time so be prepared to eat alone if one is ordering pizza and one is ordering a meat dish. They will arrive at different times. First time and last time for Campagnolo's for me.