St Clair Hotel - Hostel
$123
$120
  • Restaurant
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$240
$224
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$227
$321
Preferred Hotels
$294
$287
$272
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$281
$416
$225
$219
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdowntown vancouverno elevatorheritage buildingthin wallsgranville sttwo blockswalked everywhereskytrain stationfantastic locationfree wifigastowndormwaterfrontluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2013

我與朋友住在一個3人的房間,不能讓我有一個良好的睡眠。床嘰嘰嘎嘎的亂叫。在午夜的時候,我們可以聽到房間外面的笑聲。

燈光太黑了,讓我感覺不安全和地方不乾淨。然而,這個地方是真的不很乾淨。在公共場所沒有人清理垃圾桶。床單上有污漬,並在我們的床上,我們發現了一個發霉的餅乾。

晚上沒有工作人員。雖然前面的門是鎖著的,我晚上看到有人打開消防緊急出口門而沒有任何警告信號。這是一個安全問題。

唯一的優點是靠近市中心。房間價格貌似實惠,但如果你是團體旅遊的,如果你願意多付一份早餐的價格,有其他更好的地方。

We stayed in a 3-person room with friend. At least I cannot make a good sleep. The bed is creaky that sounds loudly even for single movement. We can hear the laughter outside the room in the midnight.

The lightning is too dark, making me insecure and feeling the place dirty. Yet the place is really not very clean. No one cleans the garbage bin in the public place. There are stains on the bed sheets and we found a molded biscuits on our bed. It could be a health hazard that the public washing room does not have washing basin. There is only disinfectant, but disinfectant is not enough. We need to go back the room to wash our hands, but there is no soap that we need to use the own one.

There is no staff at night. While the front door is locked at night, I saw someone opened the fire-exit door without any warning signal. This is a security problem.

The only advantage that it is close to downtown, but this could not compensate the cons listed here. I will not go there again. The room price looks like affordable, but if you are traveling in groups, there are other places much better if you are willing to pay several bucks more, a price of a breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed a whole week in a double room. Wonderfully located downtown, main bus and Skytrain stops a few blocks away. It was really clean (showers, toilets, fridge, rooms, etc.) I was actually really surprised that it was that clean for a hostel. It was also quiet (we had #25, second floor facing Richards Street - we can hear the cars and buses - but we don't mind it). I really enjoyed the concept of being "on a boat" (boat style decoration all over). Wifi worked really good, I could even watch some videos. I could have use a better pillow and the mattress was ok, but if you are looking for something really comfy, I won't recommend it to you. The reception people are only there from 9am to 9pm, but its enough if you are a resourceful person. Yes, there is no kitchen space to cooke, but a fridge, a toaster, a kettle and a microwave so you can easily have breakfast and lunch. Its a really good value.

Room Tip: I think second floor is quieter, try to avoid near restroom, showers and fridge area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarjoGau
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Make no mistake, this is definitely not a hotel. Even by hostel standards it's quite poor, with no proper kitchen, cramped bathrooms, and very basic rooms. Apart from the location this place doesn't have much going for it, but if you're only looking for a place to sleep for a few nights, at least it's cheap enough. Personally I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in this hostel for 2 nights and were very disappointed. It did not seem all that clean, showers were gross. We were given a room right by reception and it was INCREDIBLY loud at night with people yelling at each other right outside our door in the hallway. It was also very loud on the street outside. Its in a semi-nice location, within walking distance of popular streets in Vancouver. However, parking is extremely expensive and the hostel is not very helpful in finding parking. I parked in a garage up the street between Dunsmuir and West George, it was about $16 a day, but i'm pretty sure it was the safest/cheapest. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent two days in this St Clair hotel (August 10th-12th/ 2nights and 3days/total $147) --- me and my boo chose this hotel because of the location seems convenient. BUT WE DIDNT PAY FOR THE BEDBUGGGGG!!! First night and second night, both night we saw the bedbugs, crawling on our bed sheet. (When I opend my eyes in the first morning, one bedbug is right next to me head and the other one was on the floor. GROSSSSS) And worst part-- when we kill one of them on the wall, that bedbug popped with blood(that probably mine)!!! We are trying to complain about this on the second day-- but they are NOT always there, 24hours. We had a busy schedule and just left but definitely we both strongly agreed that we need to write a review for this hotel.

Cheap facilities, molding and funky smell, parking was not even available(we paid for the parking at private parking spot as this hotel suggested), but it's all okay, we pay for what we paid. But Bedbug --- I've been travel alot, and this is my first place where I able to meet the bedbugs group. We both couldnt sleep well. I freaked out because I worried that I might bring those bug with my suitcase to NYC. I would NEVER, EVER come back here again!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple