“Great Place to Hang Out”

Speakeasy On Granville
Ranked #1,903 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Granville Street
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Whenever I am in Vancouver visiting family I always like to meet up with friends at the Speakeasy. It has a fun atmosphere and the service is usually friendly. They have the best yam fries in town and their other dishes are pretty good too. When possible we like to sit outside on their small terrace for people watching.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Speakeasy is now on West Broadway in addition to the Granville street location. I tried the West Broadway version and wasn't impressed. While the menu looks ok, the execution is poor. I ordered the 8oz rib eye and it was disappointing - tiny, overcooked and underseasoned. It was a hastle getting fries instead of the mashed potatoes. The fries, incidentially, were not good - mcCain superfries. The best thing on my plate was the uninspired chunks of underseasoned veggies. My 3 other friends had a similar experience with the food, despite getting different dishes. The service was indifferent and slow despite the restaurant being mostly devoid of guests. I'm guessing this place will be ok for drinks / snacks to watch a game (as their are lots of good tv's) but for dinner or lunch, I'll take a pass.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

After a Wild Concert at Rogers Arena, we were all Starving, and being a Sunday Late Night, asked the Cabbie, where we could eat that was still close to our Hotels. He Recommended Grandville St. When we got out of the Cab, right there was this Pub & Grill, my friends were concerned we wouldn't get in cause of how we were dressed " Military Goth, coming from a Rammstein Concert" so I asked the Bartender and he Welcomed us in. Food was Awesome! Our Waitress was Amazing, which I'd gotten her name she totally Rocked! Overall, Great Food, AMazing Service, Fantastic Way to end an EPIC Evening. Would Definately go back here again after a Concert or anytime I was hungery and in Downtown Van 5 Stars Speakeasy! Thank-You from us Rammstein Fans!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Popped in here twice during my recent stay.
Evening was quiet - they had 3 staff on. I had the half-rack of ribs. Very tasty.

I then was in for a big premiership game at lunch, only 1 staff member she seemed a little cold, but soon lightened up with some nice manners.

I looked at reviews of this place after i found it, and get the feeling some reviews aren't being fair and are by exceptionally critical people; i've been to both the recard (good selection of beers, average to low quality food and portions) and doolins and they can't call themselves sports bar.

Anyways, i really rate this place for sports, i have seen UK Football, NFL, Baseball and Cricket here.

Impressed given some of the reviews i have seen

10  Thank ukv
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Ate here once last summer. I ordered a burger that was supposed to have cheese on it. A few bites in, I realized that the cheese had been forgotten. I asked the server if I could get a some cheese on the side to put into my burger myself, but she returned from the kitchen emptyhanded and looking sheepish. Apparently, the chef insisted that he HAD put cheese on my burger and said I would have to pay for extra. When I showed her my cheese-less burger again, she said, "I'm sorry, but you'll have to pay for more cheese." She looked embarrassed. I asked to speak to the manager and she told me that the chef was in charge (it was mid afternoon and I was the only customer, hence the bare-bones staff). I asked her if he was suggesting that I had eaten the cheee off the burger and was trying to scam them for free cheese and she shrugged and said, "I don't know what he thinks." I've never got my cheese and I never went back.

7  Thank Felicity_23d