“Amazing sushi and sashimi”
Review of Miku

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street & Canada Place Way
Description: Miku Vancouver, a Michelin Guide Recommended restaurant, specializes in Aburi, or flamed-seared, sushi, which was developed nearly a century ago in Japan. The act of applying fire directly to sushi enhances the natural flavors and textures of the fish, creating a new and exciting culinary experience. Miku owner Seigo Nakamura innovated the Aburi concept by crafting specialty sauces using non-traditional Japanese ingredients to pair with each type of fish. The light sear from the binchotan (Japanese bamboo charcoal) caramelizes the sauce, releasing a smoky aroma and bringing out the finest flavors in each piece of Aburi sushi. Miku Restaurant is within walking distance from the Pan Pacific Hotel, Canada Place, Fly Over Canada, Cruise Ship Terminals, and Sea Bus.
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant had the most amazing quality fish. Salmon never tasted so fresh. I’m not sure how I can return to sushi restaurants in our hometown after eating at this restaurant. The pressed aburi salmon was amazing. We ordered 3 of them. The service was equally amazing and so helpful with suggestions. Wish I lived local so I could return.

2  Thank Carolyn R

Reviewed July 12, 2019

I have been here a couple different times now and every time is just as good as the last. The quality of the food never waivers, which is what people should expect from every restaurant. All of the staff is very helpful and accommodating. Every time I have been they have had a full house with people waiting to get a free table; I bring this up because it one shows how loved the restaurant is, but two shows that even when they are busy their service never pays the price. Definitely looking forward to coming back.

1  Thank m g
Reviewed July 11, 2019

Es el mejor lugar de sushi que he visitado! We had to wait some time to get a table but a short walk to the convention center did the job and we enjoyed the braised sushi and calamari and great service, everything was delicious

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank rilop
Reviewed July 8, 2019

Our family including two young adult sons really enjoyed the experience and freshness of our dining experience. Enjoyed the presentation and the honesty of the wait staff when reviewing what is being served. With recent changes of some of the ingredients for the sushi, it is hard to recall what the new item is, and when you admit it, that is a true sign of real people presenting works of the art. The rice is not compacted, and the freshness of the fish is very pleasing to your palate. Yes, it is on the high end of Japanese cuisine in the pricing of particular items, but once it a great while, it is nice to find this type of meal outside of Japan.

1  Thank jdannemiller
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

I cannot emphasise how impressed I was by the vegan sushi lunch special. You get a miso soup, tofu steak, greens, and a big platter of veggie sushi. All of this is a fantastic portion size and real value for money for under $20. I was grateful for the fact that this place put clear thought into their veg option and it wasn’t just an afterthought. My husband also enjoyed his salmon sushi. The only thing I can say that wasn’t on point was that the miso soup actually has bonito flakes in it which are fish flakes, yet it is labelled as ‘veg’ on the menu in the lunch section. Luckily our waitress was on form and swapped the miso for a nice salad for me. They should be clearer about this. We were very impressed by the price to quality ratio and wish there was a branch in Boston, USA!