“Incredible”
Review of Miku

Miku
Reserve with OpenTable
Miku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 3,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street & Canada Place Way
Description: We specialize in Aburi, or flamed-seared sushi, which was developed nearly a century ago in Japan. The act of applying fire directly to sushi enhances the natural flavours and textures of the fish, creating a new and exciting culinary experience. Miku owner Seigo Nakamura innovated the Aburi concept by crafting specialty sauces using non-traditional Japanese ingredients to pair with each type of fish. The light sear from the binchotan (Japanese bamboo charcoal) caramelizes the sauce, releasing a smoky aroma and bringing out the finest flavours in each piece of Aburi sushi. Miku Restaurant is within walking distance from the Pan Pacific Hotel, Canada Place, Fly Over Canada, Cruise Ship Terminals and Sea Bus.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Vancouver is known for it's sushi and this restaurant did not disappoint. I got all their "specials" and they were unreal. I highly recommend this restaurant. The staff were extremely accommodating.

There are newer reviews for Miku

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Yep, wonderful! This was a great restaurant, wonderful view, superb service and some of the best food we've had in a while. We picked it due to Tripadvisor rating it #2. So right.
Four Winnipegers served by (surprise) a Winnipeger. We had a fabulous lunch here. The gyoza were great, especially the pickled onions. Two of us had the Aburi Chirashi Tart...what can I say? Subarashi! The other meals were equally good, which I tasted, but the tart won me over and I kind of went into a zone enjoying the meal. SO good.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was treated to a birthday lunch this week at Miku. Being acquainted with the previous restaurant I was not prepared for the beautiful transformation of the premises into Miku. It is a stunning, upscale, trendy restaurant overlooking the water in Coal Harbour. It is large, bright, modern & beautifully appointed. Since there were so many unique choices on the menu and we couldn't make up our minds, we shared a sampler platter which was beautifully presented & tasted as delicious as It looked. It was undoubtedly the best sushi I have ever had! Everything looked pricey but luckily for me, I was not picking up the bill. I would love to return and sample more from its very interesting menu.

1  Thank JRogers70
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Lovely restaurant with a view on the waterfront in downtown Vancouver. What a wonderful evening! Miku has a secret weapon, not only do they deliver on amazing Asian fusion dishes including Aburi Sushi dishes, they have a gifted wizard for a pastry chef.

The Lead: A fig sorbet with balsamic reduction and what looked like a watercress green garnish surprised and delighted us both by entirely changing the flavor of the green leaves artfully draped across the crest of the sorbet. And this was a gift from the chef to begin our meal.

Miku has thought of every detail, from the view, to the decor and original art, to the beautiful dishes that dance in from the kitchen served by a staff that never stops thanking you for your presence, welcoming you throughout the evening and providing you with impeccable service. Our three best dishes of the evening were Aburi Salmon Oshi Sushi, Aburi Ebi Oshi Sushi and the Green Tea Opera Dessert starring green tea génoise infused with espresso and frangelico liqueur, dark chocolate ganache, azuki bean purée and a beautiful moichi / green tea ice cream. It was a wonderful evening and we will be back, all the way from San Francisco!

2  Thank marthadreams
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Sushi imaginative and well presented. Light on the rice makes pieces soft an tasty. Selection however is limited. Sake sampler a good way to "get into" sake.
Room large and spread out, filled with high end Asian population, a good advert for an Asian restaurant.
Tables a bit too large, get in the way of conversation
Would warrant another visit.

1  Thank gorlinjay