“The Pacific Roll cannot be beat!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miku

Miku
Reserve with OpenTable
Miku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,677 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Howe Street & Canada Place Way
Description: We specialize in Aburi, or flamed-seared sushi, which was developed nearly a century ago in Japan. The act of applying fire directly and lightly sear is known to enhance the natural flavors of the fish. Miku owner, Seigo Nakamura, innovated the Aburi concept by creating speciality sauces, using non-traditional Japanese ingredients, to complement the unique taste properties of each fish. Miku Restaurant is within walking distance from the Pan Pacific Hotel, Canada Place, Trade & Exhibition Centre, IMAX Theatre, Cruise Ship Terminals and Sea Bus. If shopping downtown, join us for lunch and re-energize. It's entrance is at the corner of Howe Street and Canada Place Way, overlooking the east cruiseship terminal at Canada Place.
“The Pacific Roll cannot be beat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The sushi was excellent but the Pacific Roll is worth the trip. We ordered several different things but we ordered a second helping of the Pacific Roll. It was that good! The citrus and avocado with pepper on top is amazing. Great atmosphere too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pisa, Italy
“Best sushi in world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Your mind and mouth will be blown away!
Been to Vancouver for business and in 4 nights I went 2 times to this restaurant, I travel a lot and have a huge passion for sushi, this is the best sushi I have ever had, with No doubts. Very original and creative, especially the bamboo charcoal flambé pieces left a permanent mark on my mind.
If you are in Vancouver you HAVE to go eat here.

Brussels, Belgium
“Trendy Japanese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The restaurant is ideally situated on the Waterfront, with a modern look and feel, and some great food. We ended up going twice during a two week stay, once for lunch and once for dinner. Staff was very friendly and especially accommodating during a busy dinner service.

We tried all sorts of sushi, sashimi and nigiri, finding everything thoroughly enjoyable. From the starters; the shrimps, calamari and crab were delicious. Both times we had far too much to eat and felt prices were most reasonable.

I would definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles
“Just go already”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived to Vancouver mid-afternoon and, after checking in at our hotel, headed over to Miku. After getting spoiled by really good sushi in Los Angeles and then moving away from there 2 years ago, I'd been craving so quality sushi.

Since we were there mid-afternoon, we ordered from the "Bar Bites" menu. We had the Spicy Shrimp and Pork Gyoza, the Aburi Salmon Oshi Sushi, and 3 rolls - crunchy scallop, red wave, and spicy salmon. All were excellent. We expected the crunchy scallop to be a tempura type crunchy but, instead, it was a regular type roll that had "something" crunchy sprinkled on top. It was still excellent - just not what we expected and I mention it for anyone else who might expect tempura.

In addition to great sushi and fantastic views, the staff was top notch and very friendly. I felt the prices were very reasonable for what we received. I wouldn't hesitate to visit again when I'm in Vancouver.

Kahala, Hawaii
“Great sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Service: our handsome waiter (by window on 8/18/13 for bar bites about 3:15 PM) was very helpful and knowledgeable in regards to the menu. he was super nice and deserves kudos from management on his excellent knowledge and service. I wish I could remember his name, he was exceptional.

Atmosphere: couldn't ask for a better view of harbor. panoramic views with floor to window windows. nice bar area too. open kitchen and I think about 30 different staff said hello and goodbye on our way in and out. very nice staff.

Food: exceptional sushi. at first when our waiter said there would be no shoyu sauce or wasabi, I thought, "what, what, what?!?" but their infused flavors and sauces were amazing. I typically like salmon, octopus, and tuna rolls and nigri. I really enjoyed their salmon roll and red wave roll. I did not care for their Aburi Salmon Oshi Sushi which apparently they are known for (aburi sauce) or the crunchy scallop roll. Just not my taste but presentation was exceptional.

We were very hungry from a long day of travel (me and my sister) and we split the Aburi Salmon Oshi Sushi, spicy salmon roll, red wave roll, crunchy scallop roll and Spicy Shrimp and Pork Gyoza (gyoza was EXCEPTIONAL-must try!). I had a small draft beer and she had a water and we were stuffed! That all was about $60 Canadian. I considered it a good deal given the quality of the fish.