“Brilliant!”
Review of Miku

Miku
Reserve with OpenTable
Miku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 3,811 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street & Canada Place Way
Description: We specialize in Aburi, or flamed-seared sushi, which was developed nearly a century ago in Japan. The act of applying fire directly to sushi enhances the natural flavours and textures of the fish, creating a new and exciting culinary experience. Miku owner Seigo Nakamura innovated the Aburi concept by crafting specialty sauces using non-traditional Japanese ingredients to pair with each type of fish. The light sear from the binchotan (Japanese bamboo charcoal) caramelizes the sauce, releasing a smoky aroma and bringing out the finest flavours in each piece of Aburi sushi. Miku Restaurant is within walking distance from the Pan Pacific Hotel, Canada Place, Fly Over Canada, Cruise Ship Terminals and Sea Bus.
Vancouver, Canada
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best service I have ever had at ANY restaurant. Sit at the sushi bar and have them WOW you!

Food was spectacular!

Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Seattle
“I may be a minority opinion - what did I miss?”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was in Vancouver BC recently for the weekend and had done a lot of research on the best place to go for sushi. We chose Miku after reading so many glowing reviews on TA and all over the internet. I did think it was good, but I wasn't overwhelmed especially for the price. I don't mind a large bill when the food is really outstanding, but I know I could have gone elsewhere for less and had an equally good if not better meal. Again, everything was good, but it didn't "wow" me. It was definitely pretty though.

The funny thing is, my favorite part of the meal was dessert which is not what I would expect at a sushi restaurant! We also had an amazing bottle of sake.

The food was beautifully presented and the service was good. Many people seem to love the decor but I felt it was a little dated, although I know they're in the process of moving to a new space. Maybe I'm just missing something?

For a more detailed review and photos (the food is pretty): http://kimpluscraig.com/2013/05/09/miku-restaurant/

Visited April 2013
1 Thank kimsyoung
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't be put off by the seared sushi”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love sushi but I was hesitant about this place because it's known for its seared sushi called "aburi." I tried seared tuna before and didn't like the texture- I prefer raw fish. However I was pleasantly surprised by the aburi here- the sear is done so well that it brings out the flavor more and the sushi is still raw enough to satisfy a fresh, fleshy craving.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jessica K
Montreal, Canada
“Don't miss Miku the best Japenese restaurant in VAncouver”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

In a beautiful contemporary decor this is my Japenese restaurant while staying in Vancouver. I like to seat at the sushi bar and I am never disappointed. The chefs show is incredible and they work at high speed creating wonderful sushis and sashimis among other specialties. Here you can found a great mix of traditional dishes with a new modern taste. By April 20th they are moving to a new place I am thrilled to see the new decor !

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gerald Henry V
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Best Sushi I Ever Had!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Awesome sushi, dessert and service. Their signature sushi is flame torched and sauces so perfected, they do not serve it with soy sauce. It is unique and wonderfully delicious. Oh and save room for their special green tea ice cream with chocolate dessert. Awesome!

• Visited April 2013