“good choice of steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Keg Steakhouse and Bar - CLOSED

Keg Steakhouse and Bar
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Grill, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Robson
Transit: If you are traveling by skytrain, our Keg is about 5 minute walk from the Burrard station.
Description: The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.
SCOTLAND
“good choice of steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

If it's a really good quality steak you're after...the Keg will probably be the place for you. I would suggest going hungry though, as the small is around 7ozs and the largest 20 something...
Prompt service and pleasant and helpful too.
Only one spoiler was the adjacent table of oriental guests....about 9/10 talking in loud conversations....off putting!
Otherwise good atmosphere and pleasant surroundings...

Hamilton, Canada
“Overrated and overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our salmon was overcooked and dry (you would think that a chef on the pacific coast would know how to cook salmon). Only good part was the service was the service and the condiment on the salmon. Most expensive dinner we had on our vacation in both Vancouver and Hawaii and it was the least satisfying given the cost of the dinner.

Puglia
“Prime Rib”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went here because we were looking for a really good steak house to eat in whilst in Vancouver on the start of our holiday.
We ordered and everything was great including the starters, until the main course arrived.
My wife had ordered a fillet steak, and I had ordered the prime rib.
Due to a misunderstanding on my part when ordering I expected a steak (we don't do prime rib in Europe like they do in Canada, and I had wrongly assumed it was a type of steak)
The waiter was helpful, but confused, as he thought he had brought the wrong dish, and returned to the kitchen with it.
Returning again, he explained that yes that was my order, but seeing MY confusion he then explained the difference.
Getting embarrassed, I apologised and said it was fine. Enter the manager, who very politely offered to exchange it for another dish, but I declined.
However it was one of the finest pieces of meat I have ever eaten, it was as tender as butter, bursting with flavour and expertly cooked.
My better half's fillet steak was also superb, our desserts were excellent and unlike many N American restaurants the coffee was good too.
When the bill came they had deducted my main course and included the desserts for free.
It was my mistake so we insisted on paying the full price and a good tip.
I need to thank them for converting me to prime rib, as I ate it several more times in other Keg restaurants in various cities during our holiday in Canada, and it was always consistently good.
The ambiance was lovely, service fast and efficient, staff were genuinely friendly, the food was great and good value for money... and the customer service was only exemplary !
Excellent all round, and thanks for such a good restaurant experience and introducing me to such a great Canadian dish !

• Visited September 2012
Cawston, Bc
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Daughter and I ate there last night. She has multiple allergies so its difficult to eat out. The Keg is the exception. Our waitress took her list of allergies and her order to the Kitchen Manager. He came to our table to double check on her order and explain what her meal would be. I had ordered my steak well-done and it arrived medium. The waitress took it back to the kitchen and again the Kitchen Manager came to our table to apologize for the mistake. On completing our meal our waitress offered us each a free desert for the steak mix-up. We were both too full so they gave it to us to go.

Not only is their food delicious but the customer service is beyond reproach. I will recommend and visit The Keg on Thurlow as often as I can.

Texas
“Good Atmosphere to have lunch and conversation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and adult son and I had lunch here in August. We sat in the dining room and I was pleased that the atmosphere enabled us to carry on a conversation without loud music or loud sounds. So many times restaurants are so noisy it is difficult to hear what someone is saying. Our waitress Lauren was very polite and balanced service with privacy. I did think lunch was overpriced. The food was excellent - Lobster Salad ($19.95) and Shaved Prime Rib ($17.95) sandwiches were served promptly and pleasing. Normally I wouldn't pay this much for lunch - (dinner yes) but this was where my son wanted to eat. I would go back here again for a dinner meal but not for lunch.