“Small place but amazing noodle soup.”
Review of Motomachi Shokudo

Motomachi Shokudo
Ranked #390 of 3,868 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had lunch at this place and had the chicken noodle soup ramen. It was really good and the spice level was just right. I wanted to go back to this place for lunch the next day as well. But was a bit far from where we stayed and had only 2 days in Vancouver.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This page makes great ramen. I ordered the spicy ramen with organic chicken. The broth had a great flavor ans was not too spicy. The noodles there are great.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

For me this place has it right. In an area boasting great ramen houses with lines out the door, I prefer the more laid back feel here and the decor.

In Summer I always want to test the cold noodles. At Motomachi they make there's with a spinach dough. They have the right kind of bite and mouth feel which along with the dipping sauce just left a grin on my face.

My friend tried a warm dish with a shoyu broth enhanced with burnt onion oil - definitely one to check out.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Just walked in here one evening when cycling along Robson.

Upon entering you're greeted with a high pitched excited hello from all of the staff (including the kitchen staff who you can see in the open kitchen beyond the noodle bar). The place is small, cosy and has a mixture of bench tables located around a central square, a few seats at the bar and a couple of separate tables. I would definitely book ahead if you were more than a group of 3 here.

Really nice atmosphere, wood panelling and crimson/black colour scheme.

Simple, clear menu and I was pleased at how affordable it was - about $3-5 for starters and $8-11 for the ramen mains.

I had the BBQ pork rice bowl which was great and then the next generation miso ramen, which was healthy and tasty with generous helpings of meat and noodles. The restaurant was already doing well in my books but when I then ordered and ate the chicken gyoza my admiration for here went up one whole new level.

Simply put they were the tastiest thing I had in my entire month in Vancouver. They are cooked fresh, and you get 4 of them. You will want more.

For 3 dishes and no drinks my bill came to under $20. I can't recommend here highly enough if you want tasty, interesting Japanese food.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is hands down my favourite ramen spot in Vancouver. Great broth, fresh and well made ramen, and the ingredients (from the pork to the onsen egg) are all very well prepared. Love it!