“Near Stanley Park? Like Noodles?”
Review of Motomachi Shokudo

Motomachi Shokudo
Ranked #478 of 3,730 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Vancouver, Canada
“Near Stanley Park? Like Noodles?”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is hands down one of the top 5 ramen places in Vancouver. Go for the spicy organic chicken. They also have a pork and rice appy that leaves you smiling. I am a huge ramen fan and this compares to all the ramen I have eaten in Asia over the years. If you are taking a walk in Stanley park and need a cheap and great meal, try this small place for sure. You will not be disappointed. The owner has a more popular and more traditional shop on the same block called Kintaro, yet I like this place more. Not a lot of seating but worth a stop. Enjoy.

• Visited January 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“Best Ramen Shop!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Incredible ramen shop! The soup is amazing and the ingredients are too. The only thing bad about this is that the place is a bit too small and we always need to line up. So, heres a warm advice, go a bit early to line up or else... you know the consequences!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good stuff”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice while in Vancouver. Great food that's fresh and reasonably priced. Friendly staff. Get the gyoza to start. Spicy ramen with organic chicken was good but not super spicy.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“The best ramen I ever had!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice, cozy small place and friendly staff. Clean and neat interior. But the best thing about this place is the ramen! My go-to place and I was lucky to get there at an odd time since there was no line-up. My ramen looked so beautifully designed with fresh flower on the side, and smelled good. As soon as I started sipping, I couldn't stop the smile on my face. The walk, the search, the wait to finally have found this gem was well worth it. I can't wait to taste everything on the menu on my next visits...

• Visited September 2013
“This is our ramen place”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We frequent motomachi to satisfy our ramen cravings. We've done our fair share of trying out ramen places in the Denman/Robson area. Kintaro is good but it's not a comfortable interior. There's also usually a severe line up which makes it more uncomfortable. We don't mind waiting a little bit for motomachi, we know we will be comfortable even if we sit at the communal table. We also know the bathrooms will be decently tidy. The food is delicious and beats out all the other ramen places we've tried.

Visited April 2013