“Love the Ramen!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have two favorites here - the cold ramen and the charcoal soup ramen! The cold ramen is great during summer months. After you eat most of the ramen mixed with the ingredients you can ask them for some soup which they will add to your bowl. No one else in the city has the charcoal soup, it's one of a kind and it's healthy! Have frequent many times! Giant bowls and one of the most authentic noodle house! Love it!

2  Thank AnnaAnna

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Wow great ramen best in Vancouver. Even on a hot day such a treat. Must try the ship ramen. I have it without noodles now as I am gluten free and need to avoid gluten. They seem to top it up with lots of extra vegetables so I don't miss the noodles.

2  Thank Bisby
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Loved the shio ramen & charcoal bamboo miso ramen. Very authentic Japanese ramen. I felt like I was back in Japan. I went back multiple times during the course of my stay in Vancouver.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Ever since I walked through Denman in November 2011, I've been craving for ramen (didn't know they existed - these ramen places). So, for my birthday, I decided I want to eat at one of these ramen places. Did some research first on the soup base because of health issues. Found out Motomachi's soup is chicken based as opposed to pork based for most ramen places. Well, when we got there, the server was honest enough to tell us that it's a combination of pork, chicken and veggies. Service was very good. Crowded but that contributes to the ambience. =) Portions and price are reasonable. Taste and texture of ramen is very good. Will definitely be back for more.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We come here almost every time we visit Vancouver. It has a traditional atmosphere with a foggy, bustling kitchen and a crowded, loud dining area filled with damp patrons on wooden benches hunched over steaming bowls. The broth is delicious, and I highly recommend ordering an egg and corn to add to your soup. Perfect for a rainy day. I crave this stuff!