Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $45.38
More Info
1,328 results
All reviews saw orcas knowledgeable crew entire crew half day trip transient orcas comfortable boat respectful distance highly recommend this company recommend this trip boat ride an amazing experience excellent trip once in a lifetime sea life visiting vancouver granville island wilma
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2019

An unforgettable day! As we pulled out from the dock at noon, the captain announced that a ferry captain near Bowen Island had seen a pod of orca. We sailed there at top speed, arriving within 20 minutes. For the next at least 90 minutes we watch pods of orca all around us. At one point there were pods in front of us and on each side. We followed one pod near shore where they appeared to achieve a kill. After the kill they frolicked in like kids, jumping from the water, rolling in the water, and the younger ones even doing what the crew called "cartwheels". It was amazing. The crew were as excited as we were and continually entertained us with information about the orca and their behavior. Very professionally done. It was an experience my wife and I will never forget -- especially since I have about 400 pictures of the day!

1  Thank Jeffrey H
Maureen K, Communications Coordinator at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for leaving us such a great review. We are so glad that you got to see a pod of Orcas and that they were in great spirits! What a great experience to see them breaching and doing cartwheels.

We are so happy you enjoyed your tour. Long may the memories last!

Reviewed May 18, 2019

We went for a half-day whale watching with Prince of Whales. The crew was really nice and professional, they provided us with a lot of information regarding the whales, sea lions but also the route, the islands or other funny facts. They really care for their customers and the environment and kept us updated. Unfortunately, we didn´t see any whales for a couple of hours but we saw sea lions and seals. Our captain didn´t give up and in the end we saw two grey whales- a mother and her " little baby". It wasn´t that kind of experience where the whales jump out of water like in the movies, these were barely visible under the surface. But the meaning of the whole trip is to see the whales in their natural habitat and this was exactly that. The crew also respected the distance not to stress the whales. We enjoyed the trip a lot. Thanks to Wilma, Malcolm, Sandy, Aurora, Hannah, Aaron and especially James!

Date of experience: May 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review. We really appreciate it. How amazing that you got to see two grey whales! We don't seem them as regularly as the orcas and humpbacks so it is awesome that you got to see them on your adventure.

Thank you also for your great feedback about our team. They possess a wealth of information and are very passionate about what they do. We're glad you thought so too :)

Reviewed May 17, 2019

I was thrilled to get a last minute reservation here - the staff were knowledgeable and friendly - the boat was well equipped and I felt every attention was paid to us being comfortable. We were lucky enough to track down an orca whale - we followed it for a while - we also saw bald headed eagle mates, sea lions and seals. The weather was kind and there was a good vibe. The staff were eager to share their knowledge and it made for a fun day out. I was surprised to be charged for a bottle of water and that took a bit of the gloss off an otherwise good day.

2  Thank sam r

Hi Sam,

Happy belated birthday! So great to hear that you saw a wonderful array of marine wildlife and that the weather was on your side.

We do offer complimentary hot drinks as it can get very cold out on the water and our guests are very welcome to bring their own snacks and drinks. All feedback is greatly appreciated so we will certainly take this into account.

Reviewed May 17, 2019

Got an email less than 24 hours before the trip saying it may be cancelled due to lack of numbers,told they would let me know by 1030 the next morning, i ended up phoning the next morning to find if it was cancelled ,because we had to walk and get the water taxi to Granville island ,so needed to know sooner than later.It was indeed cancelled so asked for an email to confirm this.I was offered another date or refund, took the refund as we had plans for the other days.
No email came and later that day I got an email from Viator saying ,as the trip was cancelled within 24hours i was not due a refund, 370 canadian dollars by the way,and it wasn't me who cancelled
Next day phoned i POW and i had to work very hard to get them to send me an email stating it was they who cancelled, on my return to the UK ,I will hand it over to the credit card company and hope I get a refund,not very confident though.
I'm posting this because it really did spoil my trip to Vancouver, and people need to be aware of booking trips via third party's.

1  Thank Lufc67
Maureen K, Communications Coordinator at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Hello,

We are very sorry that you are unsatisfied with our service. As the trip was cancelled, you are entitled to a refund which we also requested through Viator. As you booked through Viator who is a third party, the refund will be issued directly from them.

Please do get in touch with us if you are still experiencing difficulty with this.

Reviewed May 16, 2019

I enjoyed this with the company of my 4 month old baby and he slept the entire time! It was a very smooth ride, and the staff was amazingly knowledgable.
I took a ton of photos and the whales were awesome!
I'm very happy with the decision to do this, it was absolutely worth the money.

Date of experience: May 2019
Maureen K, Communications Coordinator at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Hi Dylan,

How wonderful that you got to share this experience with your baby, even if he slept for it :) Thank you so much for your great comments about our knowledgeable staff. The certainly have a wealth of information!

We would love to have you and your son join us on another tour again at some point!