Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $277.26
from $53.05
from $189.17
More Info
All reviews butchart gardens ocean magic half day tour captain anthony knowledgeable crew saw orcas entire crew fast boat salish sea safe distance crew members amazing experience transient orcas top deck open water westin bayshore marine life
Selected filters
Reviewed November 19, 2018

We looked at a number of companies online but were so happy we made the right choice in the end to go with Prince of Whales. Special mention to Ocean, Mac, Pascale and Anthony. Ocean was just awesome with her stories of deep sea fishing and all her experience at sea. All of them did their upmost to make the trip a successful one. We really recommend doing this trip as you get to see the whales and it is a really useful way to reach Vancouver avoiding the ferry fee. We went on this trip on the 12th of September and have been meaning to write a review ever since, sorry for the delay as you were all brilliant. Pascal also sends you professional images which helps as it is really hard to capture the orcas on camera otherwise. As soon a I saw the orcas (which was on the final leg to Vancouver) I was so emotional and overwhelmed to see them in the wild. People should go in with expectations that you cannot go very close to the whales or orca as there are regulations for all boats, which is a good thing. Don't hesitate to book with this highly professional team.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

I’ve booked a tour to watch the whales with them. I came all way from Brazil and I was in a high expectation for that tour. I have received my confirmation by email. The day of the tour, I run to the point, to not be late. And there, the person that was at the office, simple told me “the tour hav been canceled “. They said it happened because of the weather. But the sun was finally shining in Vancouver. Then I tried to reschedule the tour, but she said that is was the last day of the season... very disappointed and very unhappy with the bad assistance they gave me! I think I deserve at least a email canceling the tour !!

Date of experience: November 2018
Matilda T, Online Reputation Manager at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear Yamna,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As you can imagine, we would have prefer not to cancel the tour due to weather conditions. The wind was quite strong on that day. We tried to reached out with all guests booked on the boat for that day and I am sorry that we could not reached out to you. I totally understand your disappointment not to have the opportunity to see the whales.
Your tour was reimbursed and I hope you can join us next time you will be in Vancouver or Victoria.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 4, 2018

We went out on the half day trip from Vancouver on 03-Nov-18. We knew that this would be late in the season and moderated our expectations.
Anyway - long story cut short - the crew managed to find a pod of Orcas for us to watch for about 30 minutes. Just incredible. a true life experience.
The tour is is great - the boat fantastic and the crew really knowledgeable.
Highly recommended.

Date of experience: November 2018
Matilda T, Online Reputation Manager at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review mkt181822!

How great to know you had an amazing whale watching experience with us. And you had the chance to see Orcas, that is amazing!

Our crew is passionate and very knowledgeable, we are glad that they made your trip so memorable.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and invite you to join us next time you will be in Victoria or Vancouver.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Unforgettable experience indeed. Amazing whale sightings (yes plural!). Pascal and the team on the boat were informative and accommodating and just overall awesome. I would do this tour again and bring even more friends next time!

Date of experience: October 2018
Matilda T, Online Reputation Manager at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review aetakeuchi,

We are glad to know that you had an unforgettable experience with us seeing many whales :)

Our crew is passionate and very knowledgeable, we are glad it showed.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us!

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

We did this trip out of Vancouver yesterday and had a great time! The crew were friendly and really knowledgeable and made sure that everyone got the best of their day. It ended up being quite cold but they had phoned us ahead of time and told us it might be and to dress warm, and lots of blankets were provided. We were lucky enough to see humpback whales and stayed to watch them for a while before heading off in search of other wildlife. Sea lions, harbour seals and a bald eagle as well as some truly stunning views. We had a great day and would definitely do it again!

Date of experience: October 2018

Thank you for your great review Morven G!

We are glad to know that you had a great time with us seeing Humpback whales, sea lions, harbour seals and a bald eagle.

Our crew is passionate and very knowledgeable, we are glad it showed :)

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us!